Looking for a new desk.

xven
Go to solution Solved by TetraSky,
2 minutes ago, xven said:

Any desk options ? if you know of a nice desk that is not a standing desk i am also open to that. I am just having a hard time to choose.

Honestly I would've just recommended an IKEA desk,

Like this guy

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bekant-desk-white-stained-oak-veneer-black-s29282674/

Or the more "DIY" way, is an actual wood table top, either from IKEA or from any hardware store.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/gerton-tabletop-beech-50106773/

Simple put a coat or two of Polyurethane or Varnish on it to make it "water proof" and add the legs you want to it. Can even put drawers on one side and legs on the other side if they are the same height or adjustable.

But that's not an option here, can't help you further (Most, if not all of this stuff is available at other stores, any good hardware store will sell large flat wood panels and table legs)

.... Or you could just buy a wood dinning table, really. Especially great if you find one in the trash or Used. If it's too high, just chop the legs off a bit or replace them with adjustable legs... It's an easy way to get a very large table top for a PC without buying an expensive PC desk.

So i am looking for a new desk and i am having a hard time to find exactly what i would want. I am trying to spend up to 600$ for a desk, i was looking at the autonomous smartdesk2 in the 70x30 size. Does anyone one know any good desk i could get?

looking for something stable as i have my tower on it and atleast 2 27inch monitors.

sadly most ikea where i live are close thx to covid.

Was going to recommend IKEA, then I saw your last line.

Honestly, do you really need an automatic standing desk ? It's a fun gimmick to have, but I have yet to meet someone who actually use the thing to its full potential, they typically just sit 99% of the time. I myself just use the adjustable desk that I got, to set it lower than what a regular desk would be(at 27 inch vs 30 inch or so typically), to be more comfortable while sitting. There are "manual" ones where you adjust the legs once and leave it there, much cheaper than the electric ones.

But, all that I can say... Maybe avoid desks with only two legs. They are not super stable if not propped against a wall. And even there, you would do well to put some "dampeners" (can be those cushiony things you stick under the legs of chairs and sofa, to avoid scratching the floor) on the flat side that faces the wall, else it it can bangs it every time you type (not to mention damage the wall over time from friction)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Was going to recommend IKEA, then I saw your last line.

Honestly, do you really need an automatic standing desk ? It's a fun gimmick to have, but I have yet to meet someone who actually use the thing to its full potential, they typically just sit 99% of the time. I myself just use the adjustable desk that I got, to set it lower than what a regular desk would be, to be more comfortable while sitting. There are "manual" ones where you adjust the legs once and leave it there, much cheaper than the electric ones.

But, all that I can say... Maybe avoid desks with only two legs. They are not super stable if not propped against a wall. And even there, you would do well to put some "dampeners" (can be those cushiony things you stick under the legs of chairs and sofa, to avoid scratching the floor) on the flat side that faces the wall, else it it can bangs it every time you type (not to mention damage the wall over time from friction)

Any desk options ? if you know of a nice desk that is not a standing desk i am also open to that. I am just having a hard time to choose.

2 minutes ago, xven said:

Honestly I would've just recommended an IKEA desk,

Like this guy

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/bekant-desk-white-stained-oak-veneer-black-s29282674/

Or the more "DIY" way, is an actual wood table top, either from IKEA or from any hardware store.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/gerton-tabletop-beech-50106773/

Simple put a coat or two of Polyurethane or Varnish on it to make it "water proof" and add the legs you want to it. Can even put drawers on one side and legs on the other side if they are the same height or adjustable.

But that's not an option here, can't help you further (Most, if not all of this stuff is available at other stores, any good hardware store will sell large flat wood panels and table legs)

.... Or you could just buy a wood dinning table, really. Especially great if you find one in the trash or Used. If it's too high, just chop the legs off a bit or replace them with adjustable legs... It's an easy way to get a very large table top for a PC without buying an expensive PC desk.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

-> Moved to Off Topic

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv