I don’t know what’s wrong with my pc

The_mydas

Hello all, I just built my first pc and I’ve run into a major problem.

I downloaded windows onto my computer and I thought all was going well, until my computer crashed and then continued to crash when I tried to start up windows. It didn’t shut down if I was in bios and I managed to install windows again. I downloaded chrome and was about to download drivers for my motherboard when it crashed again and threw me right back into the loop. I don’t know what to do somebody please help!

Hey there! I personally had a similair problem, and the cause of mine were bend cpu pins. I would advise you to take out your cpu and check your socket for any bend pins (if AMD check the pins on the cpu) if there are none there is a big chanche just reseating it might help. If it doesnt u can also try a different ram config

11 minutes ago, mrmidaski said:

Hey there! I personally had a similair problem, and the cause of mine were bend cpu pins. I would advise you to take out your cpu and check your socket for any bend pins (if AMD check the pins on the cpu) if there are none there is a big chanche just reseating it might help. If it doesnt u can also try a different ram config

I’ll try that now

39 minutes ago, mrmidaski said:

My cpu was in ok but when I was taking it out I realised that the fan wasn’t on correctly, I’m still having the issue

4 minutes ago, The_mydas said:

My cpu was in ok but when I was taking it out I realised that the fan wasn’t on correctly, I’m still having the issue

What are your specs?

Just now, mrmidaski said:

What are your specs?

Ryzen 7 3800x 

gigabyte b550 vision D 

strix 1080

2 x 8 gb Corsair dominator 

I’m using the cooler that came with the cpu 

gigabyte p750 gm 

Also my gpu has one fan spinning in the middle and the light and other 2 fans turn on for a bit when I try to boot

Just now, The_mydas said:

Also my gpu has one fan spinning in the middle and the light and other 2 fans turn on for a bit when I try to boot

Do you happen to have any other gpu around to test it with?

Oh before you do that, your motherboard also has an debug display. The numbers on the top right of your motherboard. When it crashes do you get any codes?

1 minute ago, mrmidaski said:

That would narrow down the issues, let me know if it helps 🙂

I will, thank you so much btw

I can’t borrow my brothers right now but I think it is the gpu because I managed to get windows up and running but the second I installed the driver for the gpu it crashed

Ur welcome 🙂 yeah its probably the gpu than... Can u still return it?

Yeah I can, and I probably will later today (it’s 10am for me)

Update: I switched my ram from the 2nd and 4th slots to the 1st and 3rd slots and window runs okay. But when I try to update/install drivers for my gpu the pc just crashes