ASUS M3N78-EM powers on but no post?

herb
Go to solution Solved by herb,

OK, so it turns out that the bios was malfunctioning. I suspect that it was previously flashed and the flash failed. Since the bios wasn't working it would turn on but there was not a post.

what i did was i bought a USB bios writer and i flashed the latest bios for my motherboard to the chip (this motherboard had a removable chip). Once i put the chip back in (making sure that it was oriented correctly) i powered on the system and it booted no problem.

if you have a motherboard that powers on but doesn't boot i would try flashing a fresh copy of the latest bios

i picked up an asus m3n78-em motherboard off eBay not too long ago and i post tested it today for the first time. As the title suggests i did not see a post. The only thing that happened was that the system supposedly turned on but nothing showed on screen. i already tried different ram and i tried attaching a speaker for beep codes but there were no beep codes when the board was turned on.

could it be a dead board or can i fix this with some secret rare method??

any help is appreciated.

OK, so it turns out that the bios was malfunctioning. I suspect that it was previously flashed and the flash failed. Since the bios wasn't working it would turn on but there was not a post.

what i did was i bought a USB bios writer and i flashed the latest bios for my motherboard to the chip (this motherboard had a removable chip). Once i put the chip back in (making sure that it was oriented correctly) i powered on the system and it booted no problem.

if you have a motherboard that powers on but doesn't boot i would try flashing a fresh copy of the latest bios

if your motherboard doesn't have a removable chip, you can get clip extensions for the USB bios writer so you can clip directly to the board.

here are links to the programmer and the clip:

programmer: https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-BIOS-EEPROM-SPI-FLASH-Programmer-CH341A-24-25-series/303691965286?hash=item46b573a366:g:uN8AAOSwG-dfYI2P

Clip: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SOIC8-SOP8-Flash-Chip-IC-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-BIOS-24-25-93-Programmer/223741190827?hash=item341803a2ab:g:RYkAAOSwerZdxaWe