Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Geforce GTX 770 is lagging!

Addison

Hey I'd like to know why in games like Titanfall and Arma3, ESO and Skyrim I'm getting a bit of lagg/stuttering. I have a Gefoce GTX 770 from EVGA, their Super Clocked Edition. Could it be my internet or what? all my drivers are up to date.

My system specs are:

CPU: 

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 4.0GHz

Motherboard: 

ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z

RAM: 

HyperX XMP Blu Red Series 8GB

Storage:

2TB Western Digital Black 7200 RPM Drive

Windows 7 Ultimate

You are having problems with Skyrim and it is not an online game so right there it tells you this is not internet related.  

Do you have v-sync on or off?  Turn it on to see if it fixes the problem.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Is V-sync on? Is your internet lagging? How many watts is your powersupply? Did you turn down settings and get a better FPS?

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

speedtest.net

Look in the settings of the games

Make sure Vsync is off

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Lower the res and make sure that you dont have background apps open, also try to clean your computer and keep drivers up-to-date. Your internet would not be the problem, but who knows.

Check in Nvidia's control panel to see if any of the extremely high settings are forced on.  This could cause your games to run at lower fps.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Could it be that the new drivers are what is causing the issue?... You could try an older driver and see what happens.

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's 

V-sync shouldn't do anything.

It sometimes caps frames at 30fps.

I play Skyrim maxed out on my 660TI with an i5,

So you should be fine i would think.

Maybe your CPU is bottle necking it?

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Check in Nvidia's control panel to see if any of the extremely high settings are forced on.  This could cause your games to run at lower fps.

Don't listen to anyone telling you to turn down the settings.

You don't have to with that card. 

Skyrim isn't even a demanding game.

Accept only extremely high settings 

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

Don't listen to anyone telling you to turn down the settings.

You don't have to with that card. 

Skyrim isn't even a demanding game.

Accept only extremely high settings 

This guy.

You aren't helping anyone.  It doesn't hurt to check.

Also, there wouldn't be a CPU bottleneck here. An 8350 is more than powerful enough for a 770.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

This guy.

You aren't helping anyone.  It doesn't hurt to check.

Well it's true, and common sense.

His setup shouldn't be running anything short of maxed out settings on skyrim.

Wasn't trying to be cheeky

~Abraham Lincoln

Use driversweeper to uninstall your old GPU drivers and install the newest ones from nvidia, if you haven't done so already