The difference between HD AUDIO and AUDIO connectors

Go to solution Solved by Analog,
7 minutes ago, Albert F said:

Nope. This is the one.

Judging by the missing pins, that's probably just AC 97, but for some unknown reason they haven't labeled it properly. 

Hi there I was wandering if anyone knows the difference between HD AUDIO and AUDIO case connectors. I am about to build my PC in a really old case as I have nothing as of now and the motherboard I got does not support frontal USB 3.0 ports. Is there any difference? I have an Asus H81M-K and some old Delux case that only has an AUDIO cable and that I cannot seem to find the name of...

10 minutes ago, Albert F said:

Hi there I was wandering if anyone knows the difference between HD AUDIO and AUDIO case connectors. I am about to build my PC in a really old case as I have nothing as of now and the motherboard I got does not support frontal USB 3.0 ports. Is there any difference? I have an Asus H81M-K and some old Delux case that only has an AUDIO cable and that I cannot seem to find the name of...

i would google it...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

7 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

i would google it...

I cannot find anything about this, but connectors seem to fit perfectly

12 minutes ago, Albert F said:

I cannot find anything about this, but connectors seem to fit perfectly

i fryed some pci slots on an mb once by hooking up the audio wrong....so up to you. i mean i can google it in a second so cant be too hard. maybe try mb audio pin out? or schematic?

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Are you talking about this: HDaudio/ac97 e outros cabos - Placas-mãe - Clube do Hardware

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

38 minutes ago, Analog said:

Are you talking about this: HDaudio/ac97 e outros cabos - Placas-mãe - Clube do Hardware

Nope. This is the one.IMG_20210123_194241603.thumb.jpg.9e66dcade0e417d012c4a1d6b264aeab.jpg

7 minutes ago, Albert F said:

Nope. This is the one.

Judging by the missing pins, that's probably just AC 97, but for some unknown reason they haven't labeled it properly. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

1 minute ago, Analog said:

Do you know if the case front audio will work if i plug it it? Or do I need an older motherboard

3 minutes ago, Albert F said:

Do you know if the case front audio will work if i plug it it? Or do I need an older motherboard

Should work just fine. Some time ago, maybe 10-15 y back, most cases used to come with both HD Audio and AC 97, as not all motherboards had the former. Technically they are both interchangeable.