Ram issue, need help ASAP!

Wantlesssquid68
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
4 minutes ago, Wantlesssquid68 said:

I’m not sure how to continue. Please watch the videos and leave suggestions, this is my first build. My 1660 super works I had it in my other pc I bought from dell a long time ago. 

63304311031__592EB2B1-F499-4473-9DB5-A74E7333B60E.MOV 63304357282__BBAFCE15-1499-45E2-8D74-2D0AF45C985A.MOV

Your motherboard manual will tell you which slots to mount your RAM in so it will post properly

I’m not sure how to continue. Please watch the videos and leave suggestions, this is my first build. My 1660 super works I had it in my other pc I bought from dell a long time ago. Spec are asus tuf-x570 Wi-Fi, Ryzen 5 5600x, Corsair vengeance pro RGB 3600 MHz 16gb 8gb sticks each. Haven’t booted the pc at all. Motherboard dram light was yellow. Might look orange in the video but I assure you it was yellow. Nzxt 850 watt psu (I’m getting a 3070 and i bought it for future upgrades) everything is plugged in fully. CPU, gpu, 24 pin, I’ve tried every slot and the 1st slot on the right seems to be the only that will go as far as putting an image on the screen. Tried plugging my keyboard into both the motherboard and front pannel. Tried both ram stick and they seem to go as far as the tuf gaming screen I showed in the video. Please help me soon! 

Edited by Wantlesssquid68

I’m not sure how to continue. Please watch the videos and leave suggestions, this is my first build. My 1660 super works I had it in my other pc I bought from dell a long time ago. 

63304311031__592EB2B1-F499-4473-9DB5-A74E7333B60E.MOV 63304357282__BBAFCE15-1499-45E2-8D74-2D0AF45C985A.MOV

Your motherboard manual will tell you which slots to mount your RAM in so it will post properly

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

But it won’t let me into the bios. Even if I have just one stick in when I press f2 or delete it won’t go into the bios 

12 minutes ago, Wantlesssquid68 said:

Look at the right of your motherboard (above the 24 pin). It tells you what in the system is messed up. If there are no lights on, then it's prob not your main components (pc has to be on btw)

It should say right next to the light what the issue is (ex.PCIE)

Just now, Wantlesssquid68 said:

But it won’t let me into the bios. Even if I have just one stick in when I press f2 or delete it won’t go into the bios 

Are you saying the system won't POST?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Pc is on, it’s a ram issue as I stated. 

I guess both of your ram sticks have died.... unless I'm missing something

Is there a way to test them in your other system?

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Are you saying the system won't POST?

Watch the video bro 

Just now, Wantlesssquid68 said:

Watch the video bro 

I did, it didn't really tell me anything, which is why I am asking you if the system POSTs at all?

13 minutes ago, Duckster said:

Look at the right of your motherboard (above the 24 pin). It tells you what in the system is messed up. If there are no lights on, then it's prob not your main components (pc has to be on btw)

It should say right next to the light what the issue is (ex.PCIE)

Totally agree with this right here. Looks like you have some debug light on up above the 24pin power connector on the motherboard. Check your owners manual and see what the illuminated LED is referring to and report back. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Totally agree with this right here. Looks like you have some debug light on up above the 24pin power connector on the motherboard. Check your owners manual and see what the illuminated LED is referring to and report back. 

I forgot to look at the title LMAO! it's def a ram problem alright.

BTW, OP did it work?

25 minutes ago, Wantlesssquid68 said:

I’m not sure how to continue. Please watch the videos and leave suggestions, this is my first build. My 1660 super works I had it in my other pc I bought from dell a long time ago. Spec are asus tuf-x570 Wi-Fi, Ryzen 5 5600x, Corsair vengeance pro RGB 3600 MHz 16gb 8gb sticks each. Haven’t booted the pc at all. Motherboard dram light was yellow. Might look orange in the video but I assure you it was yellow. Nzxt 850 watt psu (I’m getting a 3070 and i bought it for future upgrades) everything is plugged in fully. CPU, gpu, 24 pin, I’ve tried every slot and the 1st slot on the right seems to be the only that will go as far as putting an image on the screen. Tried plugging my keyboard into both the motherboard and front pannel. Tried both ram stick and they seem to go as far as the tuf gaming screen I showed in the video. Please help me soon! 

3 minutes ago, Duckster said:

BTW, OP did it work?

Geesh didn't really read it that well and was focused on the shaky video. 

I would clear CMOS and boot with one stick in the correct slot which you have, DIMM_A2. If it doesn't work with one stick, replace with the other and see if it boots. If it does, then the first stick is bad. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

6 minutes ago, Duckster said:

BTW, OP did it work?

Geesh didn't really read it that well and was focused on the shaky video. 

I would clear CMOS and boot with one stick in the correct slot which you have, DIMM_A2. If it doesn't work with one stick, replace with the other and see if it boots. If it does, then the first stick is bad. 

3 minutes ago, Wantlesssquid68 said:

Q1: "idk what's wrong, all the rgb's working" A1: You're right, the RAM isn't working (or the ram slots). Just because the RGB works doesn't mean the ram does too.

Q2: "What do I do?" A2: idk... all I can think of is trying slots 2 and 4, (you prob did already as you stated in the video) make sure the ram is seated properly into the slots, try the ram on your past machine, and if all else fails, you can try to rma the board and memory.

44 minutes ago, Wantlesssquid68 said:

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv