3900XT and ML360R high temps?

grigoristapaxana

Hello guys, 

long time fan of Linus, even though my first post in forum. I have temperatures that rise above 80C sometimes.

At first I didn't pay much attention, but my brother who has similar build, and his OC is identical to mine gets temperatures

that are way lower than mine. His idle temps are between 26-35C and his max temps are never above 69C when rendering.

His gaming temps are never above 49C. One thing my brother noticed is that the heatsink has ridges like little rivers and

some pinholes. He says that his heatsink is smooth as a glass. Could this be the reason of overheating? We attempt to change 

Thermal Paste several times with no results. The under 1.3V seems very low to get temps like this. I have noticed that many 

people are Over Clocking with Ryzen Master with voltages higher than 1.4V. My OC is through the BIOS just like my brothers.

My Idle Temps are 33-49C. Any suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks

View71 Case

Rog Strix X-570 E

AMD 3900XT (stable at 1.298V all core 4.3GHz)

G.Skill RGB 2x32 GB 3600MHz

Gigabyte RTX 2070

NVME M.2 970 EVO Plus 1T

Seagate 8T and Seagate 4T

ML360R AIO Cooler

PSU RM750 80PLUS GOLD

any ripples, pock marks holes etc are manufacturing defects and will effect temps. if the heatsink plate isn't absolutely flat there will be less contact and it can damage your processor allowing hot spots to form. 

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

8 minutes ago, GhostRoadieBL said:

any ripples, pock marks holes etc are manufacturing defects and will effect temps. if the heatsink plate isn't absolutely flat there will be less contact and it can damage your processor allowing hot spots to form. 

Thanks for the info, it seems my brother has the same opinion as you. I have opened a Ticket with Master Cooler already but haven't got a response yet.