Headphone stand passthrough

Entityy

So I was thinking about buying a headphone stand so I don't have to keep putting my headphones on my PC(lol). Since my mouse cable is at the very limit of its length when plugged into the PC(even if it's a very long cable) , I was also thinking I might plug my mouse into the headphone stand in order to have the wire more loose, which will allow me to move the mouse all across my mouse pad. Now the question is, will that add input delay? Is that a noticeable delay? My main game is CSGO, so any noticeable delay at all can make the difference between winning or losing a fight.

11 minutes ago, Entityy said:

Now the question is, will that add input delay?

technically "yes". but in reality, no.

The difference is going to be so negligible that unless the stand has a very very shit usb controller in it, you will never ever be able to tell the difference.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

5 minutes ago, Arika S said:

technically "yes". but in reality, no.

The difference is going to be so negligible that unless the stand has a very very shit usb controller in it, you will never ever be able to tell the difference.

Have you tested it? Could you feel it at all? Also, the one I was looking at is the Trust Cintar GXT 265

1 minute ago, Entityy said:

Have you tested it? Could you feel it at all?

unless you're literally a robot, no. To give you an idea of just how much it doesn't matter:

Most ,if not all, Esports world events (including CSGO) never give players direct access to the PC, they plug in their keyboard and mouse to either a hub or extension that is on top of the desk while the computer is hidden away

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

21 minutes ago, Arika S said:

unless you're literally a robot, no. To give you an idea of just how much it doesn't matter:

Most ,if not all, Esports world events (including CSGO) never give players direct access to the PC, they plug in their keyboard and mouse to either a hub or extension that is on top of the desk while the computer is hidden away

Okay, so finally what is your opinion on the Trust Cintar GXT 265, does it have quality USBs(I saw that they are 2.0, does it need USB 3?), is it good? Or can you recommend me another stand in the $20-$30 range? Also, not gonna lie, I want the RGB 🙂

Never heard of it so I can't give an opinion. Usb 3 doesn't matter since most mice only use Usb 2 anyway. 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

if you want the rgb and care abotu wuality you'll need more than that, you can pick up that, but you can pay $70 for the corsair st100, much higher quality from a much more reputable brand and great warranty and customer service

18 minutes ago, Ankh Tech said:

if you want the rgb and care abotu wuality you'll need more than that, you can pick up that, but you can pay $70 for the corsair st100, much higher quality from a much more reputable brand and great warranty and customer service

The price of the st100 is most likely bumped by the 7.1 sound card, and a little bit by the brand. I won't be using the 7.1 in the stand, because my headphones already come with a 7.1 dongle. So basically the only thing I would be getting is the brand, which I usually care about, but after all this is just a lighted thing with I put my headphones on, anybody can make that in my opinion, and 3.1 USBs, which I was told don't matter for my mouse.

$70(or more like 80 euros and trending towards 100 in my country) would almost be spending as much on the stand as on my headphones, which isn't really great for me. Now I could consider this, but in my current situation on a tight budget it doesn't make much sense.

I get what you mean, well usb 3.1 matters for mice that use it, like high end corsair mice, but the one you picked will do fine, but I'm a bit of a corsair fan, so anything will work fine

6 hours ago, Ankh Tech said:

I get what you mean, well usb 3.1 matters for mice that use it, like high end corsair mice, but the one you picked will do fine, but I'm a bit of a corsair fan, so anything will work fine

I have a corsair sabre rgb mouse

On 1/21/2021 at 10:45 PM, Entityy said:

I have a corsair sabre rgb mouse

well a mouse like that deserves that stand, but you probably won't notice, save some money

I don't think USB2 vs USB3 makes any difference for keyboards and mice. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16