Absolute nightmare PC build issues...I'm about ready to call it quits with current-gen PC's...Any help?

9 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

it's very weird they (manufacturer) would do that, I just checked it's physically impossible to plug my gpu power cables "the wrong way"... 

Modular psu

17 minutes ago, LivelyCornet640 said:

Modular psu

yeah, sure but the plugs really have a different size... I don't see how you could put the psu end into the gpu... it's too big. 

PSU side:

20210122_044306.thumb.jpg.cf258a33d94389e9d2fd43165fbfa528.jpg

GPU side:

20210122_044322.thumb.jpg.d8dd0d7861ea4f9ab3bd20d3447019ea.jpg

12 pins vs (2x) 8 pins... you could theoretically get the GPU side into the PSU I think, but you'd have to split off the "+2 pin" part each time... and you still couldn't fit the 12 pin into most gpus at least... in any case, modular or not that shouldn't work, if it even matters at all, which I'm not sure of tbh... as long the pins are exactly the same it may not? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah, sure but the plugs really have a duff size... I don't see how you could put the psu end into the gpu... it's too big. 

PSU side:

GPU side:

12 pins vs (2x) 8 pins... you could theoretically get the GPU side into the PSU I think, but you'd have to split off the "+2 pin" part each time... and you still couldn't fit the 12 pin into most gpus at least... in any case, modular or not that shouldn't work, if it even matters at all, which I'm not sure of tbh... as long the pins are exactly the same it may not? 

Dunno', my PSU was 8-pin on one end, 6+2 pin on the other...so they totally plugged in flipped around. Both VGA cables were like this. Nothing was 12-pin. *shrug*

5 minutes ago, bjorntheblack said:

Dunno', my PSU was 8-pin on one end, 6+2 pin on the other...so they totally plugged in flipped around. Both VGA cables were like this. Nothing was 12-pin. *shrug*

8 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah, sure but the plugs really have a different size... I don't see how you could put the psu end into the gpu... it's too big. 

PSU side:

GPU side:

Same as the other guy, I have a solid 8 pin and a 6+2 pin

1 hour ago, bjorntheblack said:

yeah, that's what I'm saying though... it shouldn't be like that, if it confuses people.. 

just checked, my Bequiet "custom" pcie cables... literally impossible to plug them in the wrong way, same for my flat pcie cables that came with my other Bequiet psu. 

20210122_050344.thumb.jpg.efb884a61857560cef187b9b70fa7858.jpg

I don't think it's a big deal, just kinda lazy / unfortunate design not to do it like this (as are many PSUs anyway imo) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

UPDATE:

850w Seasonic put in annnnnddddd...

It finally works.

Ran Rust for about 30 mins and the fans were spinning up with temp.

My wife is playing Beat Sabre now. Index is working too. 🙂

Thanks for your advice, folks. We'll never know if it was the cables or not enough wattage on the PSU. But I was impressed that @Livelycornet640 caught that and suggested it!

On 1/23/2021 at 4:38 PM, bjorntheblack said:

UPDATE:

850w Seasonic put in annnnnddddd...

It finally works.

Ran Rust for about 30 mins and the fans were spinning up with temp.

My wife is playing Beat Sabre now. Index is working too. 🙂

Thanks for your advice, folks. We'll never know if it was the cables or not enough wattage on the PSU. But I was impressed that @Livelycornet640 caught that and suggested it!

great that is working