Hwmonitor Gpu Performance HELP

i just build a new pc and i am having an issue that i can't figure out in hwmonitor, when i boot my pc and when i dont have games open every thing looks normalimage.png.9cda8ba770eb0bfab8354961a6025823.png

But when ever i open my game utilization drop to 0 and reliable voltage limit and operational voltage limit instantly jump to 1

image.png.0156a2feab2282e2f75e64c8dfe31c44.png

my build is as follows

cpu: ryzen 7 5800x

gpu: rtx 3060 ti

psu: Gigabyte gp850gm 850w 80+ gold

ram: trident z 32gb cl16 4000mhz

cooler: corsair h110i

motherboard: asrock x570m pro 4

All that is showing is what limits your GPU is running up against. It's a binary yes/no. 1 means the limit has been hit; 0 means the limit has not been hit.

When you open a game the GPU is boosting the voltage to the max the card's BIOS allows, so it's showing the voltage limit as active. That particular game is not pushing your GPU to 100 percent utilization so that stays at zero (limit not reached). You'll also see the card power is only around 63 percent, hence why the power limit is still a zero.

If you try a more demanding game, or a benchmark, that pushes the GPU utilization to 99+ percent you'll likely see that change from a zero to a one.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

from what i have looked up in hwmonitor the utilization limit should always stay at 1 unless there is a problem and it does in every game but warzone and cold war and those are the two that i am having this issue with and it is causing extreme fps drops

4 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

All that is showing is what limits your GPU is running up against. It's a binary yes/no. 1 means the limit has been hit; 0 means the limit has not been hit.

When you open a game the GPU is boosting the voltage to the max the card's BIOS allows, so it's showing the voltage limit as active. That particular game is not pushing your GPU to 100 percent utilization so that stays at zero (limit not reached). You'll also see the card power is only around 63 percent, hence why the power limit is still a zero.

If you try a more demanding game, or a benchmark, that pushes the GPU utilization to 99+ percent you'll likely see that change from a zero to a one.

sorry just saw that you wanted to be quoted, from what i have looked up in hwmonitor the utilization limit should always stay at 1 unless there is a problem and it does in every game but warzone and cold war and those are the two that i am having this issue with and it is causing extreme fps drops

18 minutes ago, Painfulupchuck said:

sorry just saw that you wanted to be quoted, from what i have looked up in hwmonitor the utilization limit should always stay at 1 unless there is a problem and it does in every game but warzone and cold war and those are the two that i am having this issue with and it is causing extreme fps drops

Quoting just helps people know someone has responded to them 🙂

Utilization Limit will only show a '1' if that is what's limiting the GPU performance (well, and apparently it also shows '1' at idle - mine does the same. Odd.). Since you are showing 55 percent utilization on the GPU in that screen shot you are not at the limit (99-100 percent). So, the monitoring software is reporting correctly.

Your real issue is why those games are not using the GPU fully. Start with DDU to remove the drivers fully, then reinstall the latest ones from Nvidia and see if that changes anything.

EDIT: For most gaming where you're GPU limited you'll see the active limiters bounce around between power, voltage, and utilization. Or some combination of those. Open a demanding game or benchmark and you can see this happen in real time.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

7 minutes ago, RAS_3885 said:

Quoting just helps people know someone has responded to them 🙂

Utilization Limit will only show a '1' if that is what's limiting the GPU performance (well, and apparently it also shows '1' at idle - mine does the same. Odd.). Since you are showing 55 percent utilization on the GPU in that screen shot you are not at the limit (99-100 percent). So, the monitoring software is reporting correctly.

Your real issue is why those games are not using the GPU fully. Start with DDU to remove the drivers fully, then reinstall the latest ones from Nvidia and see if that changes anything.

EDIT: For most gaming where you're GPU limited you'll the the active limiters bounce around between power, voltage, and utilization. Or some combination of those. Open a demanding game or benchmark and you can see this happen in real time.

already did ddu and still having issues just in these 2 games though

There's nothing wrong, it's just the way those games use the GPU with the settings you have.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

16 hours ago, Painfulupchuck said:

already did ddu and still having issues just in these 2 games though

What settings are you running in those games? Resolution, refresh rate, graphic quality, etc.? As @Kilrahstated it may just be your chosen settings aren't requiring the GPU to work as hard as in other games.

20 hours ago, Painfulupchuck said:

from what i have looked up in hwmonitor the utilization limit should always stay at 1

well, you looked up something very wrong there then... 

1 = gpu is very bored "la la la" 

0 = gpu is being used "let's gooooo!" 

Also the other stuff, normal and there to show you everything works normally, on a basic technical level at least. 

2 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

it may just be your chosen settings aren't requiring the GPU to work as hard as in other games.

yeah, when i play something less demanding like a ps3 game my gpu fans stay off, temp is like 35c, usage is like 15-30%, utilization limit naturally is 1...for example, Demons Souls, 1440p (no 60fps patch for now because that crashed last time lol) 

20210121_193815.thumb.jpg.aa44b9b0bf61715dc54c9343bd49da27.jpg

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

ok so here's the this these are the only 2 games that do this and coincidentally they are also the only 2 games that will literally almost crash during gameplay every time i run them at some point during maybe a 1 hour gaming session, no matter what settings i have on. (i can go all the way to low or all the way to ultra and the game still runs the same, it will play fine for a bit until all the sudden i am getting fps drops to like 30fps or lower for like 5 minutes and all of my hardware is reading fine and at normal temps my gpu and cpu dont go over 70 Celsius. the only thing i can find that changes are the numbers in those pictures

3 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

What settings are you running in those games? Resolution, refresh rate, graphic quality, etc.? As @Kilrahstated it may just be your chosen settings aren't requiring the GPU to work as hard as in other games.

i have tried every graphic setting possible and my monitors are just running 1080p at 165hz

42 minutes ago, Painfulupchuck said:

ok so here's the this these are the only 2 games that do this and coincidentally they are also the only 2 games that will literally almost crash during gameplay every time i run them at some point during maybe a 1 hour gaming session, no matter what settings i have on. (i can go all the way to low or all the way to ultra and the game still runs the same, it will play fine for a bit until all the sudden i am getting fps drops to like 30fps or lower for like 5 minutes and all of my hardware is reading fine and at normal temps my gpu and cpu dont go over 70 Celsius. the only thing i can find that changes are the numbers in those pictures

Hmm... that's really strange. A last-ditch effort could be trying to re-install the games or even going so far as to re-install Windows. Both are varying levels of headaches though so it will depend on how desperate you are to keep troubleshooting.

Maybe someone else will chime in with some other ideas, but I've got nothing else right now. Sorry! Good luck...