Affordable Graphene Conductive Ink, Indiegogo campaign

You may have heard of Graphene before. Its two dimensional material with wonderful properties such as great thermal and electrical conductivity, strength and others.

Robert Murray-Smith is independant researcher who is trying to exploit the wonderful properties of this amazing material. He makes graphene on his own, and his project is to make graphene ink available to everyone for much lower cost than it is right now. The founds collected will be used to buy equipment (three roll mill) that will enable him to make graphene ink more succesfully.

For the perks, you can get the ink, a book of ideas what to use the ink for, or if you are even more generouns he give you his 10 grams of graphene oxide that currently sells for around 850 dollars on the market.

"Select a Perk

for your contribution

"A Little Bit About Me

Hi, I'm Robert Murray-Smith an independent researcher. My main idea is to bring the Hi-Tech down to earth. I work on processes that anyone can use to make the weird and wonderful hi-tech materials that are at the forefront of research today. This is so anyone and everyone can research, do or build their own projects or take part in projects they ave always wanted to take part in without having to have the equipment of a large university or the bank balance of a major corporation.
I do a lot of work out in the open and you can find my videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertMurraySmith where I keep an active overview of the comments and I am always happy to answer any questions you might have.
Now the reason for this Project. Lots of people have been asking to buy the stuff I have been making especially the graphene ink and alternative graphene inks are just silly money. At the moment I make small amounts in a long and laborious process and I need the money to buy some machinery and make larger amounts so everybody can have a bit.

What I Need & What You Get

What I need the money for is the machinery. I need something called a three roll mill and they start at 1,000 pounds for a second hand lab mill and go up from there - the one I want is 5,000 pounds and is ideal for inks, paints and potions in the liter range.

If I raise more than the target figure I will use the extra money - if there is any! - to expand the ink range to cover, piezo inks, solar cell inks, electroluminescent inks - the list just goes on!!

If I raise less than the target I shall just buy a smaller machine and make do as well as I can.

What I plan to give you are inks to do with as you please whether it is to print batteries, paint solar cells, design speakers or make unique circuits that can be made from paper.

The Impact

Conductive inks will change the way we look at electronics, reduce harmful waste, get rid of dangerous processes and the chemicals they use. Until now they have been out of reach for the average experimenter, designer, school child and innovator being hard to get hold of, not very good or just too expensive to do anything BIG with. The working Ink project aims to change this and your contribution will help this become a reality.

Contributions don't just have to be money - though that helps, you can contribute ideas and I would like to build a book of ideas for the inexperienced or just curious to play around with and a back up project to this one is to put together a book of ideas, circuits and projects for general release that anyone can get hold of and use.

You can contact me on here, via my youtube (https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertMurraySmith) or my website (https://sites.google.com/site/rmsgraphite/), or email me on rmsgraphite@gmail.com and I would love to hear your ideas.

Other Ways You Can Help

I know some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help,you can:

• Get the word out and make some noise about my campaign.
  • Use the Indiegogo share tools to let others know
  • come up with ideas for using the ink and let me know

And that’s all there is to it."

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khh-NfQXJnY

Indiegogo Link: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/conductive-ink

- - -

I have been following his work, he has a youtube channel where he posts videos how to make graphene, graphene products and other really interesting stuff. He also invented eco soap tablets that you just drop in water and they dissolve. Brilliant guy.

I can see this Ink being used for circuits that you can put LEDs on or something. I am not electrician, so i cant really know, but the resistance of graphene ink he is producing/going to produce is pretty low. Could you make a circuit  on a plexi glass and run a fan off it? :P

What would you use it for?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Fixing any PCBs I guess. Could probably use this for my other keyboard which has some keys that do not register as I'm pretty all you have to do is reconnect the circuit. 

Very nice. How much does 1 pen cost?

Well graphene ink have much more uses, and its cheap. As you see he is making whole sheets of graphene :D

I suppose pen for doing circuits on paper is more easy and handy. I am not sure if you can just put graphene ink into a normal pen and start writing, or if it has to be a pen that leaks more. Idk.

Very nice. How much does 1 pen cost?

Well graphene ink have much more uses, and its cheap. As you see he is making whole sheets of graphene :D

I suppose pen for doing circuits on paper is more easy and handy. I am not sure if you can just put graphene ink into a normal pen and start writing, or if it has to be a pen that leaks more. Idk.

for just a pen and ink its 25, or for 35$ you can get the starter kit which gets you all this

-2 LED boards

-slide switch

-BJT NPN transitor

-2 coin batteries

-9V battery adapter

-2-pin connector

-5 resistors, 2 capacitors and 1 magnetic reed switch

-1 page of jumper stickers

http://www.electroninks.com/shop/

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

for just a pen and ink its 25

http://www.electroninks.com/shop/

Yea thats a bit pricy, even if you buy 5 pens its 100 bucks :D  For 80 bucks you get 1 deciliter of graphene ink :D thats so many refills of a pen :D far more than a hundred haha

and i have strong doubt that they put a mililiter of ink in their pen you have info how much its in?

Yea thats a bit pricy, even if you buy 5 pens its 100 bucks :D  For 80 bucks you get 1 deciliter of graphene ink :D thats so many refills of a pen :D far more than a hundred haha

and i have strong doubt that they put a mililiter of ink in their pen you have info how much its in?

nope