RAM causing new build to turn on and off repeatedly.

Maediocre

Hi, so I built a gaming PC about a week ago. Everything booted up perfectly, I installed all my software and even started playing games on it with no issue. I turned it off one night and went to turn it on the next day and it powers on, fans start moving, RGB lights up then it turns off and reboots again. I unplugged all major components but the CPU and slowly added them back in and figured out that when even one RAM stick is installed in any slot it causes the PC to go off on the restart cycle. I've pressed the RAM in until there's an audible click and they light up with the PC when it starts up so I don't think it's an installation issue. There's no clear sign of physical damage on the sticks so I just don't know why they would all of a sudden be the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

PC SPECS

Microsoft Windows 10
Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz Memory - Black
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe 1.3 M.2 (2280) 3-Bit V-NAND SSD - MZ-V7S1T0BW
Corsair RM750 750W 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular Power Supply
NZXT H510i Smart Tempered Glass Mid-Tower ATX Case - Matte Black
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK AM4 ATX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Core Socket AM4 3.6GHz CPU Processor + Wraith Prism Cooler
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC PRO 8GB Video Card
Seagate ST2000DM008 2TB BarraCuda 3.5" 7200RPM SATA3 Desktop Hard Drive

Have you tried both RAM sticks individually? So if the RAM is the problem you didnt accidentaly put the failed one in? Also do you have A-XMP on?

This happened to me with my newly built PC as well. Turns out it was the motherboard. I RMA'd it and got a new one and then everything worked fine.

However after googleing for hours a lot of people said that it's not uncommon that your CPU cooler might be screwed on to tight causing it to bend the motherboard slightly and thus "disabling" the RAM slots. Try loosening the CPU cooler slightly and see if that works.

Also for me it worked when I put only one stick in the motherboard but ONLY when I put it in slot 1 but not any of the others.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

20 hours ago, Chris Fortune said:

Are you using DoCP settings or stock?

Haven't touched any setting but do I need to? The whole PC was working fine for a few days on the stock settings but now just freaks out.

1 hour ago, Maediocre said:

Haven't touched any setting but do I need to? The whole PC was working fine for a few days on the stock settings but now just freaks out.

You don't "need" to but it may have been a part of the issue if the DoCP register had read improperly. Using stock this should not be the case. That said once the issue is resolved it is an easy uplift for the memory so it is worth doing.

On 1/20/2021 at 10:10 PM, Chris Fortune said:

Are you using DoCP settings or stock?

Stock settings. Computer worked fine for about four days before it kept restarting because of the RAM. Do I need to have settings changed to avoid this?

On 1/21/2021 at 8:48 AM, MorbidAngel said:

This happened to me with my newly built PC as well. Turns out it was the motherboard. I RMA'd it and got a new one and then everything worked fine.

However after googleing for hours a lot of people said that it's not uncommon that your CPU cooler might be screwed on to tight causing it to bend the motherboard slightly and thus "disabling" the RAM slots. Try loosening the CPU cooler slightly and see if that works.

Also for me it worked when I put only one stick in the motherboard but ONLY when I put it in slot 1 but not any of the others.

So the cooler has a clamp mechanism so can only really be one level of tightness. I'm worried if i lift the clamp that it will be too loose and cause other issues. Is there anyway to know if the issue lies with the ram or the motherboard?

Also the RAM doesn't work in any slot as I've tried them all with each stick individually.