corsair k100 rgb keyboard

Andy.jc

been looking at the corsair k100 rgb keyboard

any one got one or hand hands to what they like 

thanks 

Looks like they offer two flavors, one with the Cherry MX Speed switches and one with the Corsair OPX switches.

I have a K70 (similar to K100) with the Cherry MX Speeds and regret it. The switch travel is long and the actuation point is really high up in the travel, causing a lot of inadvertent key presses when typing. For gaming it's fine, and since it's all that I really use the computer for I've so far just dealt with the mis-type annoyance and learned to avoid it mostly. Granted, they behave exactly like they are marketed, but I just find it annoying. I would go with another switch type when I replace this one eventually (likely a tactile or clicky switch).

Build quality is good. iCue software is garbage. I just use it to load a basic color profile directly to the device and then disable the software totally.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

If you insist on a K100, the OPX switches are way, way better than the MX switches.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈