Corsair TX850M Connecting PCIe to RTX 3080

hauch
Go to solution Solved by .Apex.,
22 hours ago, hauch said:

Thanks for quick response. So you are sure, dont want to screw up my 3080 i have been waiting for so long lol? Its a bit confusing why did they write 6+2 PCIe and 4+4 CPU instead of 6+2 PCIe OR 4+4 CPU? 

It's because both PCie and EPS (4+4) cables are made up of 12V and Ground, but their arrangement of pins are different, so you need a different cable to make use of each of them, but the port (on the PSU side) stays the same

Spsgx.png

Hey, im installing RTX 3080 TUF ASUS. I need to to put two PCIe 6+2 connectors into the gpu and in the other end (PSU) i need to put in two 8 pin connectors in. I only have two (see picture) Are those the same? Can i put one in each where it says 6+2 PCIe and 4+4 CPU or?

Short: Can i use both ports i put a red ring around to GPU?

PSU

5 minutes ago, hauch said:

Short: Can i use both ports i put a red ring around to GPU?

Yes

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Yes

Thanks for quick response. So you are sure, dont want to screw up my 3080 i have been waiting for so long lol? Its a bit confusing why did they write 6+2 PCIe and 4+4 CPU instead of 6+2 PCIe OR 4+4 CPU? 

Yes, I'm certain. They're exactly the same. You can put either CPU or PCIe cables in to either of them.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

22 hours ago, hauch said:

It's because both PCie and EPS (4+4) cables are made up of 12V and Ground, but their arrangement of pins are different, so you need a different cable to make use of each of them, but the port (on the PSU side) stays the same

Spsgx.png

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

16 hours ago, .Apex. said:

It's because both PCie and EPS (4+4) cables are made up of 12V and Ground, but their arrangement of pins are different, so you need a different cable to make use of each of them, but the port stays the same

Spsgx.png

Ah Ok i see. Thanks guys, its up and running now. What a beast of a card.