I need help to figure out the snappiest version of Photoshop

I've had Photoshop CC 2019, it ran okay on my laptop (i5 6200u, 8 gigs of ddr4 ram, 5400 rpm hdd). After I upgraded to Photoshop 2020, things quickly went downhill, and it slowed down to a crawl. I have limited internet availability right now, so I really can't download and test different versions of Photoshop.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what's the snappiest and stable version of Photoshop they've experienced, or if they could tell me their experiences with different versions of Photoshop. Thanks a lot in advance.

Also, I have upgraded my laptop with an MX500 and a total of 16 gigs of ram.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

A big issue with snappiest version often is bundled with the hardware it was snappy with. Best of luck in your search but remember to double check that the version you go with is compatible with your hardware.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

6 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

A big issue with snappiest version often is bundled with the hardware it was snappy with. Best of luck in your search but remember to double check that the version you go with is compatible with your hardware.

Thanks, I mean I could easily go with CS6 but I'm kinda inclined on going with one of the CC versions. If northing checks out in the end, I might as well install CC 19 which worked okay, with an SSD I assume it's going to work better.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

15 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Thanks, I mean I could easily go with CS6 but I'm kinda inclined on going with one of the CC versions. If northing checks out in the end, I might as well install CC 19 which worked okay, with an SSD I assume it's going to work better.

Smells like piracy. 

Pirated Adobe apps are often riddled with malware and workarounds, slowing them down considerably. 

Pay for CC legitimately and they’re all perfectly snappy.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20