Really fast glitch on screen

SillySteve

When I boot up my computer and occasionally just at random during regular use, my screen will very quickly flash this weird glitch. Most of the time its only the left side of the screen, but I took a video of the screen when I started my computer and got this still of the glitch happening across the entire screen. I just built my computer for Christmas and I am paranoid that there is an issue with it. Any ideas on what this is? Would it be hardware related or would it have something to do with my monitor? Some help would be awesome! Thanks in advance. unnamed.thumb.png.5130c6be96257826ab026bae69dc073a.png

Process of elimination if you have another known good monitor or GPU available.

3 minutes ago, si1enze said:

Process of elimination if you have another known good monitor or GPU available.

I don't have another GPU, I'll try the monitor. Is this a common issue? Would this be something that would mean either my GPU or monitor were damaged or fatly in some way?  

I'd start with testing other ports on the monitor/GPU and testing with another cable. Last time I had static like that on my display (LG 4K w/ RX 6800), it would intermittently do that until I changed cables.

Just now, SPARTAN VI said:

I'd start with testing other ports on the monitor/GPU and testing with another cable. Last time I had static like that on my display (LG 4K w/ RX 6800), it would intermittently do that until I changed cables.

I thought about that. I am using the included HDMI cable that came with the monitor so I'll try a different one. Thanks!

1 minute ago, SillySteve said:

I don't have another GPU, I'll try the monitor. Is this a common issue? Would this be something that would mean either my GPU or monitor were damaged or fatly in some way?  

Try another monitor, if it does the same thing, check that it is fully seated in the PCI-E slot, make sure all the power connections are fully seated.  If it still does it, Spartan Vi is right, try another port on the video card if you're able to.  That's what the process of elimination will tell us, what has something wrong with it..

1 minute ago, si1enze said:

Try another monitor, if it does the same thing, check that it is fully seated in the PCI-E slot, make sure all the power connections are fully seated.  If it still does it, Spartan Vi is right, try another port on the video card if you're able to.  That's what the process of elimination will tell us, what has something wrong with it..

Ok, will do. Thanks!

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv