NVMe RAID 0 boot drove

Gooferman609

Hello everyone! Im trying to set up my asus z390-a to boot to my NVMe RAID 0 that I create in BIOS and says it's bootable but am unable to install Windows on it. If anyone knows what's going on that would be great my main rig boots to an NVMe RAID but I cannot for the life of remember how I got that to work.

2 minutes ago, Gooferman609 said:

Hello everyone! Im trying to set up my asus z390-a to boot to my NVMe RAID 0 that I create in BIOS and says it's bootable but am unable to install Windows on it. If anyone knows what's going on that would be great my main rig boots to an NVMe RAID but I cannot for the life of remember how I got that to work.

Did Windows request you to install a RAID driver, prior to installation & did you do so?

Can I ask why you want to boot off a RAID array?

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

It does not ask for a driver, though I'm researching how to put one on then maybe make the array. I say this because the options for my sata ports is RAID with optane boost so it may think that the NVMe's are for optane. I want to boot off of a raid because will be a storage PC, the other drives in it will be mechanical HDD in a raid 10 array.