minecraft shuts down when loading

Harlon

I just moved Minecraft from my HDD to my SSD and now it shuts my computer off when ever oi try and play 1.16 or above. anyone know why?

with Minecraft 1.16 need to know other specs like ram, cpu cores,  and is it java edition or the other one?

Minecraft 1.16 wants a dedicated 8gig ram to run if its the java edition

current main system: as of 1st Jan 2023

motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

ram : 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz

Video Card : RX 550 4 GIG

Monitor: BENQ 21 inch

3 hours ago, cretsiah said:

with Minecraft 1.16 need to know other specs like ram, cpu cores,  and is it java edition or the other one?

Minecraft 1.16 wants a dedicated 8gig ram to run if its the java edition

i was able to go onto any version before i took apart my pc to mod my case. i then put it back together and it just shuts off. i have checked that i built everything right.

56 minutes ago, Harlon said:

before i took apart my pc to mod my case.

didnt knock your cpu cooler out of whack?? cos that would explain

57 minutes ago, Harlon said:

put it back together and it just shuts off.

1 minute ago, cretsiah said:

didnt knock your cpu cooler out of whack?? cos that would explain

What do you mean by whack?

ie the CPU cooler out of alignment.... not seated properly over the CPU chip...

is it only shutting down specifically  when you play minecraft.... if you just leave the OS (presume windows) running it stays running?

yeah so it is only when i play 1.16 or later of minecraft that my pc just shuts down. i can do everything else normally. and i checked that my cpu cooler is right and it is 

what are the specs of the system??

because it sounds a bit odd.... but now that microsoft owns minecraft (yeh it has for a bit now i know) .... it wouldnt surprise me if it becomes just as buggy as their OS 🤣 ...

ive just had to do a re-install of my win10 system..... changing it from MBR based to GPT which currently seems to have had an affect on the updates and whether they install on this old box or not or go into a stupid update loop ...

• Ryzen 5 3600
  • Motherboard
    ASUS Prime B450-PLUS ATX Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz
  • GPU
    Evga GeForce 1060 3gb
  • Case
    GOLDEN FIELD P3 Tempered Glass Windowed Mid Tower Computer Case
  • Storage
    WD SN750 500GB High-Performance NVMe, Seagate 1 TB BarraCuda 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive
  • PSU
    Cooler Master 600W ATX Power Supply

it is very strange. you know the red loading screen, for Minecraft, it is any version with that so i am just very confused i did just do a windows update so it could be something to do with that.

aaawwwww hell I think the only thing i have more powerful than you is the Power Supply 🤣🤣 

a 750watt power supply

1600mhz 16gig ram G.Skill

AMD FX 8320

Gigabyte 970A-D3P v2 motherboard

Radeon RX550 (4gig) Red Dragon

and i just recently had to replace the coolmaster CPU fan with a DEEPCOOL  cpu fan (the mount broke from age i think)

re-installing the java edition now says 16.5 but it is taking its sweet time to download and update

13 minutes ago, cretsiah said:

aaawwwww hell I think the only thing i have more powerful than you is the Power Supply 🤣🤣 

a 750watt power supply

1600mhz 16gig ram G.Skill

AMD FX 8320

Gigabyte 970A-D3P v2 motherboard

Radeon RX550 (4gig) Red Dragon

and i just recently had to replace the coolmaster CPU fan with a DEEPCOOL  cpu fan (the mount broke from age i think)

re-installing the java edition now says 16.5 but it is taking its sweet time to download and update

yeah i already have 1.16.5 and i played it before i modded my case. it is just so weird.

15 minutes ago, Harlon said:

i played it before i modded my case. it is just so weird.

yeh you got me...... seems to work fine on this old system .......... my kid is playing it on a ryzen 5 3400g with 16gig 2600mhz ram on one of those crappy tier motherboards too so i am at a complete loss........

yeah. well thank you. i have tried like Minecraft support and stuff but no one knows so i may connect Microsoft as they now own Minecraft 

So when i press launch of Minecraft for 1.16 or above, i get to the red loading screen and then my computer shuts down and i have to turn my computer  back on and then have to sign back into my account. This started when i took my pc apart to mod the case and when i put it back together i got this issue. it was working perfectly before but now not. i have done repairs and fresh installs about 10 times so far and nothing has worked. i have tried using a Microsoft account and nothing has worked.Now the drive that had Minecraft on it before i re-installed it did die, but then i do not understand how that could have cause this to shut down my computer. i have contacted Mojang and they were no help, i am on the Minecraft discord and they cant do anything and i have looked to see if anyone has had the same issue and i cant find anyone who has so if anyone has any troubleshooting ideas or has had the same issue then please say something.

Have you tried stress testing the system for stability?? 

6 minutes ago, Harlon said:

This started when i took my pc apart to mod the case and when i put it back together i got this issue.

^^ This can be related to a hardware problem causing your issues as a result of removing parts. Were you working with an anti-static wrist band or on a anti-static mat?

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

i spray painted it white

2 minutes ago, ragnarok0273 said:

What did you do to the case?

Just now, SpiderMan said:

Have you tried stress testing the system for stability?? 

^^ This can be related to a hardware problem causing your issues as a result of removing parts. Were you working with an anti-static wrist band or on a anti-static mat?

i am a bit new to computers so how would i stress test and i was not using an anti-static band or mat bit everything in my system is working.

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

If you're on Intel, try remounting your CPU.

i am on amd

Use a software like Heaven Benchmark, its free, or if you want to go extreme, AIDA64(AIDA64 is a 30 day trial version) or prime95. If you have 3DMark benchmark programs, use their stress tests software in there although its not as bad as the former ones I mentioned. You also have Cinebench R15, Cinebench R20, and Cinebench R23 but those are mainly for CPU stress tests.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, SpiderMan said:

Use a software like Heaven Benchmark, its free, or if you want to go extreme, AIDA64(AIDA64 is a 30 day trial version) or prime95. If you have 3DMark benchmark programs, use their stress tests software in there although its not as bad as the former ones I mentioned. You also have Cinebench R15, Cinebench R20, and Cinebench R23 but those are mainly for CPU stress tests.

ok. i will do that but how will it help my situation. not trying to be rude just curious 

2 minutes ago, Harlon said:

ok. i will do that but how will it help my situation. not trying to be rude just curious 

I want to check the system for stability to see if any issues arise such as BSODS/graphical issues/anomalies etc. Have you checked to make sure all your power connections are correct with the cables?? I know you said you modded the case but have you checked to make sure there are no shorts??

Also, I would take the system out of the case and rebuild it on top of a cardboard box, such as the motherboard box WITHOUT the anti-static bag the motherboard came in between the box and motherboard. This would determine if the system works perfectly fine outside of the case in games (or Minecraft in this "case"). 

I just read your other post with @ragnarok0273 and you said you spray painted the case. Now did you spray paint over the standoffs for the motherboard at all?? You might have a bad ground with the motherboard. Some pictures may or may not help.