PC working a few hours ago, now it will not boot and the power light blinks for less than a second as well as all the fans, including PSU

realmodesty

Hi! I am not very computer literate so bear with me here. I recently restarted my computer as normal and noticed that it hadn't booted back up, only shut down. I tapped the power button on the actual computer and the light blinked for a split second, and then shut off. I switched power outlets, didn't work, and decided to open the case to see what was up. I re-seated my GPU, PSU cables, CMOS battery, RAM and my SSD to no avail. The only thing I didn't mess with was the CPU. However, when I pulled my RAM out and tried booting without it, the computer actually booted and stayed on while beeping at me considering I had just took the RAM out. After re-seating it the same issue happened and it wouldn't boot. Could this be a RAM issue or a PSU issue?

I have a sunflower 8433 mobo, low profile GT 1030, 1x8 Samsung RAM, 180 watt PSU, and a Ryzen 3 2200g. I do not overclock, I did in the past and found no real performance upgrade. Everything has been running fine for awhile now, which is why I don't think it might be a PSU issue, but it could be. I have measured how many watts each component of my computer puts out on a maximum load, usually never going towards the 180w limit of my PSU.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Does the PC beep?

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

12 minutes ago, Vishera said:

Does the PC beep?

Only after I take the RAM out, otherwise no.

is that brand name PC?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

is that brand name PC?

It's an HP prebuilt, I added the SSD and GPU myself. It's almost 2 years old.

29 minutes ago, realmodesty said:

It's an HP prebuilt, I added the SSD and GPU myself. It's almost 2 years old.

Those are hard to diagnose and repair.

I think HP has it's own diagnostic software try to find one.

I'd firstly assume it's PSU so I'd uninstall all the components from the PC case and get another PSU plug it in and see what would happen.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.