Corsair Icue not utilizing one of my fans

M_05

Just build my first system and everything went well. I turned the pc on and everything light up well. But once I got into the system and got the Icue software and went to fool around with my RGB fans all were responding except one. The fan is turning but no lights at all. I have 6 case fans, 2 on my aio and 4 mounted in the case, and they show up in icue but fan 4 and 5 control different parts of the same fan. Anything I can do?

8 minutes ago, M_05 said:

Just build my first system and everything went well. I turned the pc on and everything light up well. But once I got into the system and got the Icue software and went to fool around with my RGB fans all were responding except one. The fan is turning but no lights at all. I have 6 case fans, 2 on my aio and 4 mounted in the case, and they show up in icue but fan 4 and 5 control different parts of the same fan. Anything I can do?

Make sure that iCue knows that you have another fan. It should be located in hardware setup or something like that.

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

Tier Lists and Specs List Below

Motherboard VRM tier list  -----  PSU tier list

React if you agree with me!

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

26 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

Make sure that iCue knows that you have another fan. It should be located in hardware setup or something like that.

... even if it means disconnecting & reconneting it.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

11 minutes ago, Eighjan said:

... even if it means disconnecting & reconneting it.

Just disconnected and reconnected the fan and rgb connector. The lighting issue is still present. in Icue led port 4 and 5 are being run on the same fan as you can see from the pictures. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2 minutes ago, M_05 said:

Just disconnected and reconnected the fan and rgb connector. The lighting issue is still present. in Icue led port 4 and 5 are being run on the same fan as you can see from the pictures. 

What happens if you say 7 fans are connected?

“Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.” - Sun Tzu, The Art of War #muricaparrotgang

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  |  CPU Cooler: Asus ROG STRIX LC240 White |  RAM: Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB 3600 | Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX B550-A  |  SSD: Inland m.2 NVMe SSD 256GB  |  HDD: Seagate 2TB 7200RPM |  GPU: RTX 3060 Ti FE  |  PSU: Seasonic SGX 650 |  Case: Lian Li o11 mini-W  |  Mouse: Razer Basilisk mercury |  Keyboard: Drop CTRL (Used. I did not spend $200 on a keyboard) |  Mouse Pad: Aura Mech Purple Storm  |  MonitorAsus TUF 24" IPS 144Hz 1080p

12 minutes ago, MarvintheParrot said:

What happens if you say 7 fans are connected?

where do you do that?

edit: there isnt an option to say i have 7 fans

Just now, M_05 said:

it keeps saying there are 2 fans on one of my fans. however the fan that its doing it on is the only QL one i have, the rest are LL

63261456311__D0DE2A89-07D8-4DF4-B3EE-F4EC02157B2B.MOV

Ah, that is because if you connect two different types of fans to one iCue device, it wont work. Sorry...

7 minutes ago, M_05 said:

where do you do that?

edit: there isnt an option to say i have 7 fans

If that's a Commander Pro, there won't be as far as I know.

My hunch is a faulty port on the hub or a faulty fan; try switching the LIGHTING cables on two of the fans - if the result is the same, it's the fan; if the other fan LED goes off, it's the port.

I frequently edit any posts you may quote; please check for anything I 'may' have added.

Did you test boot it, before you built in into the case?

WHY NOT...?!

solution was to say that all my fans are QL in icue, now all my fans are synced and light up