Buzzing/static noise from headset when i play games

Snadder

So i just got a new pc, and its got a geforce rtx 3080/ intel core i7-10700f cpu 2.90ghz

And prior to this i have had no problems with my headset making any sort of unatural/unwanted noise. But now as i plug my headset in the front of my pc, once i enter games the pc starts working abit louder than before i entered the game, and the buzzing/scurring sound starts in my headset, i tried some things to try and narrow down the reason for this.

Firstly i lowered the ingame fps from (unlimited) to 30, the lower i got the less buzzing i had in my ears, when i reached 30 it completely stopped, but id rather not play 30 fps on every game i ever touch.

I also tried plugging the headset to the back of the pc, and this significantly reduced the static/buzzing but it also had the side effects of loosing the Realtek HD audio 2nd output, and instead having a "non hd" audio version, this made talking to my friends over discord unbearable, as their voice qualities was so bad i got a headache. So i really would prefer not having to switch inputs every time i want to play a game, not to mention if i play with friends its going to be unbearable either way.

I have googled this for a couple of days now, and it seems the most common issue is the (coil whine). If i can't get this fixed before monday im just going to take it to repairs and see if they can sort it out.

The main games i do tests with is total war warhammer 2, risk of rain 2, GTFO, dota 2, CSGO. I have tried lowering graphics, turning on Vsync etc, but it doesn't do anything.

Heres an interesting thing i noticed, i generally run all games in "borderless windowed mode" and always have. So when i turned it on fullscreen, and tabbed out, the buzzing sound stopped. Might be interest and it might not be, im no expert at all so im just giving out as much info as i possibly can to narrow stuff down.

There also seems to be a change in buzzing frequency whenever i move my mouse around, hopefully this can help narrow down the problem for you guys.

Also tried another headset and some earbuds, and every piece i plugged into the front of the pc always has the buzzing sound.

I found some information saying it could be poor shielding in the front bit etc. But i would love for some peoples opinion on this, and if its a problem on the inside (something that should be taken back to the store to be fixed) or (something i myself can do something about) keep in mind i have 5 years guarantee on it, so it might not be best to "open" the pc as that ruins the insurance

Id really appreciate any input, as i have sat here searching for answers for the last 5 hours, and i have gotten nowhere.

Small update: on dota2, when something is loading or due to me pressing a hero or something the mouse lags very much, almost like it can't keep up with the speed im dragging it, never had this problem on my previous pc. my screen refresh rate is 144hz btw.

So this being a new pc and having a 5 year warranty, im planning on taking it to the store tomorrow, and see if they can figure out what the issue is, if i could get any "general terms" to help the store people understand the problem or try and narrow it down for them, id greatly appreciate it. 

I would say that this is mostly an audio card issue.

Here is a thing: when I am on my PS4 and I am not playing a game the speaker from the controller is dead silent but as soon as I enter a game the speaker starts to fuss a little when you put your ear right next to it. This is because the speaker needs to be always on so it doesn't pop or crackle when sounds just started to play.

I think the same is happening here, as only when you are in a game or discord call your audio card is running and is emitting that buzzing/fussing sound that you are hearing. I say go for the warranty and let someone else deal with it

5 minutes ago, Albert F said:

I would say that this is mostly an audio card issue.

Here is a thing: when I am on my PS4 and I am not playing a game the speaker from the controller is dead silent but as soon as I enter a game the speaker starts to fuss a little when you put your ear right next to it. This is because the speaker needs to be always on so it doesn't pop or crackle when sounds just started to play.

I think the same is happening here, as only when you are in a game or discord call your audio card is running and is emitting that buzzing/fussing sound that you are hearing. I say go for the warranty and let someone else deal with it

Yeah, i just am alittle bummed out a completely new 2900 dollar pc has this issue to begin with, like it should be perfect on the inside, but  i guess you can mess stuff up, like it happens. and to correct you on one thing, it only happens when im in games, discord calls doesn't produce any buzzing noises. Seems super linked to fps, like the higher the fps the higher the buzzing noise becomes.

just to be sure have you tried different audio settings? changing the sample rate disabling enhancements etc

32 minutes ago, Albert F said:

just to be sure have you tried different audio settings? changing the sample rate disabling enhancements etc

Yes i have changed sample rate etc, but to no avail.And enhancements is disabled.

17 minutes ago, Snadder said:

Yes i have changed sample rate etc, but to no avail.And enhancements is disabled.

Warranty job it is then...