is this psu ok for buget build?

dave2700

Hi. I'm wondering if this psu is ok for 300-350 pound pc build?

GOLDEN FIELD ARESZE Semi Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX PC Power Supply Unit 450W PSU With Low Noise Fan For Desktop Computer PC

Yes for real.  PC parts picker is a really good site for pricing your rig and checking if it will all be compatible.

5 minutes ago, eddiemcgarrigle said:

Yes for real.  PC parts picker is a really good site for pricing your rig and checking if it will all be compatible.

i know it will be compatible and i know te price it was the build quality and other such things i was wondering? 

There are also reviews for most parts, you may find what you are looking for there,

Only Goldenfield PSU on the tier list is in Tier C but I don't think that's this model. In the pictures it's marked "Jans." No Jans on the list at all. This thing seems like it's basically a mystery box to me. I would pass. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Hello dave2700, I do not recognize that brand. I would proceed with caution. i can't find a Johnny guru article about it or any reputable reviewers. While online reviews are important, the average person often lacks the equipment to properly test for ripple (variance in power delivery (more is bad)) and how good the protections built into the power supply are. Multiple PSUs of similar rating even from the same company might have different level of protection. The PSU has OCP or over current protection but without proper reviews we have no idea how good that or any of the other protections it has might be. My verdict is that we won't know until a psu reviewer thats reputable tests it. But that probably won't happen. Buying a PSU that will be more likely to protect your components if something go wrong is he choice I would make. Go for a reputable brand like corsair, rosewill, evga, or seasonic, and buy something 600w bronze or better if you can. If worse comes to worse you could trawl the EVGA B Stock page and snatch up a recertified 600w White PSU for $30-35 or a recertified bronze 600W PSU for ~50 USD. This method might take a while though all there stock was flushed by Christmas shoppers.

This is a terrible PSU of epic proportions with fake 80 PLUS badge to boot.

On 1/17/2021 at 7:12 PM, TylerSP said:

Hello dave2700, I do not recognize that brand. I would proceed with caution. i can't find a Johnny guru article about it or any reputable reviewers. While online reviews are important, the average person often lacks the equipment to properly test for ripple (variance in power delivery (more is bad)) and how good the protections built into the power supply are. Multiple PSUs of similar rating even from the same company might have different level of protection. The PSU has OCP or over current protection but without proper reviews we have no idea how good that or any of the other protections it has might be. My verdict is that we won't know until a psu reviewer thats reputable tests it. But that probably won't happen. Buying a PSU that will be more likely to protect your components if something go wrong is he choice I would make. Go for a reputable brand like corsair, rosewill, evga, or seasonic, and buy something 600w bronze or better if you can. If worse comes to worse you could trawl the EVGA B Stock page and snatch up a recertified 600w White PSU for $30-35 or a recertified bronze 600W PSU for ~50 USD. This method might take a while though all there stock was flushed by Christmas shoppers.

don't worry i have already chosen to go with the EVGA 500 BQ, 80+ BRONZE 500W, Semi Modular, FDB Fan, Power Supply 110-BQ-0500-K3 instead.