Help - One computer with extremely slow internet

archTECTONIC

Hi All - I just recently upgraded my home network with a new dedicated modem and new wireless router. Every other device is working as expected except for one computer that almost non existent internet speeds (below 1). This happens on both wired and wireless connections, it was working perfectly fine prior to upgrade. 

I’ve set the QoS setting to the highest priority and still no change and it’s not blocked in my router or metered.

I have no idea what could be causing this. Maybe a BIOS update is needed?

Sounds like a Windows-side or driver-side issue. Try spinning up a Linux USB stick and seeing if that reflects the faster speeds you were expecting from the computer. Considering it's both Wi-Fi and Ethernet with the same problem I think that might be what's going on

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

@DaJakerBossseems like you've got the right intuition there. fired up an ubuntu drive i had lying around and my speeds are back where they should be. I previously checked the drivers for my pc network hardware and the utility said they were up to date....maybe i need to manually update them?

Solution Update: maybe this will help someone out in the future -  after running through system configuration and turning things on and off found out is was a program called cFosSpeed that was the problem...ironically it’s bloatware that’s supposed to make your internet connection better....deleted that with extreme prejudice.

Edited by archTECTONIC
Solution found

6 hours ago, archTECTONIC said:

@DaJakerBossseems like you've got the right intuition there. fired up an ubuntu drive i had lying around and my speeds are back where they should be. I previously checked the drivers for my pc network hardware and the utility said they were up to date....maybe i need to manually update them?

Solution Update: maybe this will help someone out in the future -  after running through system configuration and turning things on and off found out is was a program called cFosSpeed that was the problem...ironically it’s bloatware that’s supposed to make your internet connection better....deleted that with extreme prejudice.

glad you got it worked out 🙂

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W