Ethernet and 240v power in the same stud

Trilex

As per the title, I live in Australia and had a new house built. I couldn't help notice that the ethernet port was above the wall socket and running in the same stud (see photos). If a a power hungry pc was plug into the socket and the ethernet cable into the pc, wouldn't I have significant EMI for 240v power cable. Shouldn't this be in separate studs? 

Orange circle is ethernet 

Blue circle is 240v

138811589_ehternetand240.jpg

IMG_20210116_195035.jpg

Technology is NEVER easy :(

5 minutes ago, Trilex said:

As per the title, I live in Australia and had a new house built. I couldn't help notice that the ethernet port was above the wall socket and running in the same stud (see photos). If a a power hungry pc was plug into the socket and the ethernet cable into the pc, wouldn't I have significant EMI for 240v power cable. Shouldn't this be in separate studs? 

Orange circle is ethernet 

Blue circle is 240v

138811589_ehternetand240.jpg

IMG_20210116_195035.jpg

If properly mounted that is not an issue. The wall cables are supposed to be shielded, both power and ethernet. Also your 240V should be grounded as well. I am not sure if you can get 10 Gbit over that line but for standard 1 Gbit you should be fine. I have combo outlets in the office where the cables are even closer together and the connection is good.