Trouble with 5800x

Kidman94

Specs:

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus Mobo

EVGA GTX 1070 SC

Corsair 750 PSU

32GB of Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM

1TB SSD (Trying to install a second as well)

Ryzen 7 5800x

(Previous was Ryzen 7 3800x)

Okay so to start I updated my Bios to the latest MSI offered download 7C37vAC3

All was fine after I updated my BIOS

I installed the Ryzen 7 5800x along with the Hyper 212 RGB fan.

Upon first boot I had an EZ Debug LED light on with no boot. The light illuminated was CPU

I reinstalled the CPU w/ Fan of course.

This time I had an EZ Debug LED light but this time it was the DRAM light with no boot.

I removed a ram stick leaving only the one in the DIMM 2 Slot

It went through its process of EZ Debug lights even pausing on a few and the computer booted.

I tried switching RAM to the other stick and it booted again so my RAM is good.

Computer WILL NOT boot unless the stick is in the DIMM 2 slot I tried all others.

I can NOT get into bios, IF I spam the DEL key which is the MSI one to get into BIOS the computer will not boot. (Lights are on and everything but my monitors are blank) I can spam any other key and this doesn't disrupt the process.

I've removed the MOBO Battery and held power button to reset it (Yes with the PC Unplugged)

Adding/Removing my new M.2 SSD Doesn't change my result nor does it show it anywhere.

My one stick of ram is showing a speed of 2133MHz although its rated for 3200MHz

I haven't tried to put the 3800x back in yet to see what happens but I'd like to know if theres any other ideas to try.

5 minutes ago, Kidman94 said:

Specs:

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus Mobo

EVGA GTX 1070 SC

Corsair 750 PSU

32GB of Corsair Vengeance RGB RAM

1TB SSD (Trying to install a second as well)

Ryzen 7 5800x

(Previous was Ryzen 7 3800x)

Okay so to start I updated my Bios to the latest MSI offered download 7C37vAC3

All was fine after I updated my BIOS

I installed the Ryzen 7 5800x along with the Hyper 212 RGB fan.

Upon first boot I had an EZ Debug LED light on with no boot. The light illuminated was CPU

I reinstalled the CPU w/ Fan of course.

This time I had an EZ Debug LED light but this time it was the DRAM light with no boot.

I removed a ram stick leaving only the one in the DIMM 2 Slot

It went through its process of EZ Debug lights even pausing on a few and the computer booted.

I tried switching RAM to the other stick and it booted again so my RAM is good.

Computer WILL NOT boot unless the stick is in the DIMM 2 slot I tried all others.

I can NOT get into bios, IF I spam the DEL key which is the MSI one to get into BIOS the computer will not boot. (Lights are on and everything but my monitors are blank) I can spam any other key and this doesn't disrupt the process.

I've removed the MOBO Battery and held power button to reset it (Yes with the PC Unplugged)

Adding/Removing my new M.2 SSD Doesn't change my result nor does it show it anywhere.

My one stick of ram is showing a speed of 2133MHz although its rated for 3200MHz

I haven't tried to put the 3800x back in yet to see what happens but I'd like to know if theres any other ideas to try.

Okay so I had the same problem with my 5800x I have a Asus b550 f mobo

The problem is very few mobo manufacturers have released stable bios updates for the 5000 series 

It was said everyone should have it in Jan 

Because the stable bios update for my mobo came out 2 days ago itself so it may come

3 minutes ago, MonkeyWrench said:

Okay so I had the same problem with my 5800x I have a Asus b550 f mobo

The problem is very few mobo manufacturers have released stable bios updates for the 5000 series 

It was said everyone should have it in Jan 

Because the stable bios update for my mobo came out 2 days ago itself so it may come

Okay but even if they DO release a stable version how am I meant to update? Should I just go back to the 3800x you think that would let me back into BIOS?

3 minutes ago, Kidman94 said:

Okay but even if they DO release a stable version how am I meant to update? Should I just go back to the 3800x you think that would let me back into BIOS?

Yes so I had a 3700x

So I put the 3700x it will boot up like it used to download the bios from the website put it on a usb and go in the bios and update the bios 

Then shut it and put the 5800x in 

Then it booted up normally and it was really smooth