PC Freezing

Hi guys,

I am still having a lot of trouble with my PC freezing. It has frozen twice today when I was working in Adobe XD (not a heavy program I think? used for making web mockups so basically just arranging shapes and text, not art or rendering or anything like that) and writing an email. That's literally all I was doing. I called the computer store that I bought all my parts from and of course they want me to bring it in. I really don't want to take it in (I live very rurally so it's a long drive in, a 4-hour round trip \(〇_o)/) and pay for them to run diagnostics. The PC isn't even a month old. All the components are brand-freaking-new and I don't really have the budget atm for having it serviced at the store. Plus it's incredibly inconvenient as I'm a full-time online student. 

The sales rep I spoke with did mention that the freezing might have something to do with the Ram or the Hard Drive. I have a 2TB Seagate hard drive.

Ram and Storage Specs:

image.png.40f21313d78f758b76ddcfca8f801664.png

image.png.6e05b0074021e8f8ffb566a7686b50c1.png

{I know people are going to tell me to stop using NZXT Cam. I haven't gotten around to switching yet, but I haven't had any issues with it so I might just stick with it as some people seem to dislike it but others swear by it. I find it really confusing and hard to determine which is the best thing to use or advice to take as everyone seems to have a different opinion. Add to that that I seem to have really bad luck with technology so things that work for others don't always work for me (。_。) }

I've downloaded all my mobo drivers today and over the past few days have been updating my drivers, etc. Windows is up to date, all that stuff. I'm not sure how to check if the BIOS needs updating?

Thanks for the help everyone really appreciate it. I am almost clueless when it comes to PC setup so the support is much appreciated (*^▽^*)

web dev student ✨ CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti | Mobo: MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max | Ram: G.Skill F4-3200C16-16GFX DDR4 | Storage: Seagate 2TB HDD, Kingston 500GB SSD | Network: Wifi | Keyboard: Ducky One Two SF 

(。^▽^)have a lovely day! ヾ(•ω•`)o

10 minutes ago, paperdaisy said:

Thanks for the help everyone really appreciate it. I am almost clueless when it comes to PC setup so the support is much appreciated

Is the XMP profile enabled in BIOS? If so, turn that off. Also if you have done any manual OverClocking, turn that off as well.

You can test your RAM with Memtest86, but it will take several hours to complete.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

43 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Is the XMP profile enabled in BIOS? If so, turn that off. Also if you have done any manual OverClocking, turn that off as well.

You can test your RAM with Memtest86, but it will take several hours to complete.

I have not checked that. I will do so as soon as I can. I haven't done any manual overclocking unless I did by accident. 

I will try testing the RAM with memtest. Do I need to just let that run or can I use my PC while it's working?

This is really helpful thank you so much (*^_^*) 

web dev student ✨ CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti | Mobo: MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max | Ram: G.Skill F4-3200C16-16GFX DDR4 | Storage: Seagate 2TB HDD, Kingston 500GB SSD | Network: Wifi | Keyboard: Ducky One Two SF 

2 minutes ago, paperdaisy said:

I have not checked that. I will do so as soon as I can. I haven't done any manual overclocking unless I did by accident. 

I will try testing the RAM with memtest. Do I need to just let that run or can I use my PC while it's working?

This is really helpful thank you so much (*^_^*) 

You are welcome, MemTest boots from a USB stick and runs under DOS (more or less) so you can't use your system while it runs

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

MemTest boots from a USB stick

Ohhh. So I run it the way I ran my Windows install? I hope this doesn't screw up my computer... I'll do it when I don't have classes then. Thank you so much (●'◡'●)

15 minutes ago, paperdaisy said:

Ohhh. So I run it the way I ran my Windows install? I hope this doesn't screw up my computer... I'll do it when I don't have classes then. Thank you so much (●'◡'●)

It won't affect anything because it doesn't install anything to the system, only to the USB stick.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

It won't affect anything because it doesn't install anything to the system, only to the USB stick.

fantastic thank you so much ( •̀ ω •́ )y