Obs poor video quality with high settings and good specs.

Hey i been trying to record some 1080p 60fps videos and tho the quality isent garbage it's seriously not good ither even tho as far as I know have all the settings quality wise maxed. I would appreciate any help other than

"Increase Ur bitrate lololol" 

As that s basically all the help I got when I asked on Reddit. I would like my videos to have the same quality as when I view my own screan.

My specs are.

1080Ti

i7 6850k

16gb ram 

500gb dedicated ssd.

I record chess videos and would like higher detail on small text and overall improved quality as my videos look very blurry for max settings.

Could try bandicam , only reason i don't use it very much is the files sizes are huge because the bitrate is really high , but maybe you'd like it.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

Could try bandicam , only reason i don't use it very much is the files sizes are huge because the bitrate is really high , but maybe you'd like it.

Bitrate can be adjusted on obs as well but sure I could try different recording softwares alto I'm p sure obs is meant to preform better than what I'm getting it to. File size isent a problem unless it's absolutely gigantic.

Do note that in pretty much every situation that you'd record in with OBS, that chroma subsampling is cut straight down to 4:2:0, which means that text on a solid color background will get a little messy. 

And just for posterity, what are your settings? Preferably in an image or two, but I just wanna make sure that they make sense here.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Do note that in pretty much every situation that you'd record in with OBS, that chroma subsampling is cut straight down to 4:2:0, which means that text on a solid color background will get a little messy. 

And just for posterity, what are your settings? Preferably in an image or two, but I just wanna make sure that they make sense here.

obs64_bBKs309eyu.png.cf3a05b0e5cc358bb18c6ca05a127876.pngobs64_8rCbarJLKa.png.9050ed2554feafbbb251bb8774c39776.pngobs64_1E2NryFBpm.png.2dd06150e1d7002441292f6bd0d0696d.png

2 minutes ago, Libra custos said:

obs64_bBKs309eyu.png.cf3a05b0e5cc358bb18c6ca05a127876.pngobs64_8rCbarJLKa.png.9050ed2554feafbbb251bb8774c39776.pngobs64_1E2NryFBpm.png.2dd06150e1d7002441292f6bd0d0696d.png

Fair enough. To be honest, unless you recorded in an uncompressed or losslessly compressed format (which... I don't suspect you want to here as it'll be ridiculous) you're kinda at the mercy of mediocre chroma subsampling here.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

10 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Fair enough. To be honest, unless you recorded in an uncompressed or losslessly compressed format (which... I don't suspect you want to here as it'll be ridiculous) you're kinda at the mercy of mediocre chroma subsampling here.

I just tried Bandi cam and got perfect quality instantly... supprised how trash obs was in comparison tbh.

11 hours ago, emosun said:

Tried Bandicam and got much better quality right away, not sure why obs is so much worse quality wise but thx for the time saver.