CPU usage at 80% after 10 mins of idling

I recently installed a sensor panel in my machine and noticed that when I get up and walk away from my computer for longer then 10 minutes, I'll come back and the CPU (i7-9700k) usage will be at 60%-80% even if there isn't any apps open running. I left task manager open one time before I walked away, so I could see what process what utilizing so much CPU and it was Windows Explorer. The CPU also ramps right down to a normal 1%-2% usage as soon as I touch my mouse or keyboard.

I'm wondering what could be causing this behavior and if it's normal? I ran Malwarebytes and their Adware cleaner and they both came up with nothing so I'm really not sure.

3 minutes ago, YungSesh said:

I recently installed a sensor panel in my machine and noticed that when I get up and walk away from my computer for longer then 10 minutes, I'll come back and the CPU (i7-9700k) usage will be at 60%-80% even if there isn't any apps open running. I left task manager open one time before I walked away, so I could see what process what utilizing so much CPU and it was Windows Explorer. The CPU also ramps right down to a normal 1%-2% usage as soon as I touch my mouse or keyboard.

I'm wondering what could be causing this behavior and if it's normal? I ran Malwarebytes and their Adware cleaner and they both came up with nothing so I'm really not sure.

Use Process Explorer. It will give you more details on what part of "windows explorer" is eating up the CPU.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Windows 10 might be running a memory test while idle. This can result in high CPU usage. If you do not like that feature, open up the Task Scheduler and disable this from running. I test my own memory with things like Prime95 so I do not need Microsoft doing any testing for me.

image.thumb.png.7f799c8f4debf0ef456f85d1f99e0371.png