Increase transfer speed

Loli Pits

Hi guys... I don't know much if any about networking... All I know is that I want to access files from the family PC from my Android phone (only 1 PC in the house and I want to watch my movies from my phone while my brother is using it)

I did achieve it by using windows' folder sharing thingy... Now the problem is I'm only getting 4-8 MB/s transfer speed... I would like it to be faster...

What should I do? Upgrade the PC? Upgrade the router? Buying a NAS or other storage solution isn't an option (I can't possibly convince my parents to buy one xd)

FX-4300

RX 580 8gb

Xiaomi Mi Wifi 4C

What's the CPU usage like with you trying to watch movies on your phone and someone's using the PC? 

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

What's the CPU usage like with you trying to watch movies on your phone and someone's using the PC? 

I actually haven't checked... I was just testing it earlier and the PC was idle when I got those speeds... Will check tomorrow (in a few hours) haven't slept yet and it's already 5am xd

46 minutes ago, Loli Pits said:

Hi guys... I don't know much if any about networking... All I know is that I want to access files from the family PC from my Android phone (only 1 PC in the house and I want to watch my movies from my phone while my brother is using it)

I did achieve it by using windows' folder sharing thingy... Now the problem is I'm only getting 4-8 MB/s transfer speed... I would like it to be faster...

What should I do? Upgrade the PC? Upgrade the router? Buying a NAS or other storage solution isn't an option (I can't possibly convince my parents to buy one xd)

FX-4300

RX 580 8gb

Xiaomi Mi Wifi 4C

You can make a NAS from existing old PC components you may have around