Popping when sound starts/stops

butters9m
Go to solution Solved by butters9m,

ok I just realized that there is a blue port that if I use that instead of the pink it works, no idea why lmao anyone else trying to do this use green and blue #fuckpink LOL

I have a (somewhat) janky setup for audio that lets me use my pc to listen to my phones audio, as well as use my pc mic on my phone. The only issue is, when audio on my phone starts or stops, it makes this loud pop. I've seen a lot of stuff online saying it might be drivers, anyone know what could be causing this?

More in depth about the setup, my phone has an adapter plugged into the aux that splits the Mic and Headphone sounds, they they are plugged into the green and pink audio jacks in the back of my pc, but in reverse. Why? because I'm treating t he phone as a microphone which I play back into my headphones (the ones on my head) from there, I have my mic think its using my phone to listen to itself, and bam, I can hear my phone and talk into it from my pc. Its kinda hard to explain, and most of it is done with Voicemeeter Potato, but yea. 

I will also mention that I have tried using a normal headset to listen to my phone, no popping, and a normal mic through the pink audio jack, no popping, its only when I try the current setup things pop, so what gives? 

ok I just realized that there is a blue port that if I use that instead of the pink it works, no idea why lmao anyone else trying to do this use green and blue #fuckpink LOL