Finalizing a 3060Ti & Ryzen 5600X build

aosenkai

Budget (including currency): Originally planned with 265 EUR for Motherboard, RAM & PSU. 300 € would still be possible. In Edge cases 350 €.

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Dual Boot Linux/Windows PC for Gaming & Office use cases. Some AAA single player games like Witcher III and in future Cyberpunk 2077 & multiplayer games that are not too power hungry like CS:GO, Stardew Valley, AoEII:Definitive Edition.

Overclocking: I will not overclock my system.

Existing Parts:

• Case: NZXT H510
  • Storage: 970 Evo Plus 1 TB
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
  • GPU: ASUS DUAL-RTX3060TI-O8G

Currently Planned Motherboard, PSU & RAM:

• Motherboard: MSI X570-A PRO 
  • RAM: G. Skill Ripjaw V (F4-3600C19D-16GVRB)
  • PSU: Seasonic S12III 650 (SSR-650GB3)

I spotted some problems with the PSU & Motherboard that might be detrimental to my build.

1. My Motherboard would need USB Gen 3.2 Type C for the front panel of my case. The MSI X570-A PRO is not able to provide this feature.
  2. The MSI X570-A PRO Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the SeaSonic S12III does not. Will this cause any instablitiy for my build? 
  3. Because of the USB Type C Problem I looked at the ASUS PRIME X570-P as an alternative. But here the chipset cooler sits behind the graphics card, will this cause overheating or the chipset fan to overdrive?
  4. Additionally I heard of problems folks had with X570 and using and M.2 NVME as a boot drive. Is that a common issue or maybe just incompetence on their side?

Would be great if you could help me out a bit here. Thanks a lot already!

29 minutes ago, aosenkai said:

Additionally I heard of problems folks had with X570 and using and M.2 NVME as a boot drive. Is that a common issue or maybe just incompetence on their side?

I know a few people who have X570 boards and all of them have never had problems booting of NVMe

31 minutes ago, aosenkai said:

G. Skill Ripjaw V (F4-3600C19D-16GVRB)

how much?

39 minutes ago, aosenkai said:

Motherboard: MSI X570-A PRO

go for the b550-a pro, it's just better

40 minutes ago, aosenkai said:

RAM: G. Skill Ripjaw V (F4-3600C19D-16GVRB)

not great, if you can't find 3600c16, at least go for 3600c18, not 3600c19

40 minutes ago, aosenkai said:

PSU: Seasonic S12III 650 (SSR-650GB3)

just terrible for this kind of build. get a better psu, like a corsair txm or rm or rmx, a bitfenix whisper or if you want to stick to seasonic, a focus gold.

10 minutes ago, Tom_nerd said:

I would strongly reccomend going for a B550 motherboard and using the money saved to upgrade CPU/GPU

I'm in the same situation as @aosenkai. Nvidia just announced the Resizeable BAR support. Any idea if the B550 is going to support it and/or which B550 board you'd recommend?

1 minute ago, IamTwo said:

I'm in the same situation as @aosenkai. Nvidia just announced the Resizeable BAR support. Any idea if the B550 is going to support it and/or which B550 board you'd recommend?

there is a high chance that it will be supported

19 minutes ago, Tom_nerd said:

I would strongly reccomend going for a B550 motherboard and using the money saved to upgrade CPU/GPU

Thanks. I was probably on the next-gen is best-gen mindset . Going by the LTT Tierlist something like a ROG STRIX B550-A, MSI B550-A PRO or Asus TUF Gaming B550M should do the job, right?

18 minutes ago, Tom_nerd said:

I know a few people who have X570 boards and all of them have never had problems booting of NVMe

Thanks, that good to hear.

17 minutes ago, Tom_nerd said:

how much?

As for RAM. Currently I allocated 70 EUR for the 16GB. 100 EUR should be fine as well.

5 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

Thanks for the help earlier and the build list for PCPartPicker! Very much appreciated.