Computer clicking sound when working

Cringe123
Go to solution Solved by barkydoggo,
Just now, Cringe123 said:

Ive tried running it with no panels on and there was no sound at all when I did. If it is thermal expansion is it at all harmful or is it okay

The case getting hot won't break anything. But if it's getting warm enough to cause that, you may have fairly limited airflow. Just keep an eye on your CPU and GPU temps when gaming and ensure they don't get too warm. Otherwise, you're probably fine 👍

Recently I have started noticing a click sound that some times comes from my pc. I know that  a lot of the time the noise is actually just my trash 2nd monitor shaking around a little but today i was playing a relatively demanding game with a speaker instead of headphones so i noticed more. When I stopped playing the game suddenly a single loud click came from the pc and nothing seemed to be wrong its just rather odd. I have heard it before while not playing games rarely but its much more quite. Is this okay ?

Could be something as simple as thermal expansion on the case. Do you happen to have a video with sound that can demonstrate the issue for us? It will help us give you a better idea of what's going on

Sorry, I don't have a video. I tried to replicate what I did earlier by loading up the game for 10 mins and turning it off but I couldn't. For an idea its not like hard drive clicking or anything it's a pretty loud click that happens for like half a second tops and doesn't happen again. It sounds like when a radiator clicks in a way

1 minute ago, Cringe123 said:

Sorry, I don't have a video. I tried to replicate what I did earlier by loading up the game for 10 mins and turning it off but I couldn't. For an idea its not like hard drive clicking or anything it's a pretty loud click that happens for like half a second tops and doesn't happen again. It sounds like when a radiator clicks in a way

What case do you have? System specs? Have you checked your system temps?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, barkydoggo said:

Could be something as simple as thermal expansion on the case. Do you happen to have a video with sound that can demonstrate the issue for us? It will help us give you a better idea of what's going on

By the way it also probably has always happened a bit I just only started noticing it a month or so ago.

Just now, barkydoggo said:

What case do you have? System specs? Have you checked your system temps?

Thanks!

I have a pretty bad CIT Blaze case. 1060 mini 3gb. i5-8400. Gigabyte Z370M D3H. Seagate BarraCuda 1TB. And a ssd for the os.

1 minute ago, Cringe123 said:

I have a pretty bad CIT Blaze case. 1060 mini 3gb. i5-8400. Gigabyte Z370M D3H. Seagate BarraCuda 1TB. And a ssd for the os.

Wait i forgot psu. I have a corsair tx750m

8 minutes ago, Cringe123 said:

Specs are good. It's proooooobably thermal expansion. Try running it without the side panel on and see if it does the same thing. If it is thermal expansion, honestly that's just a sign that your system might be getting too warm.

56 minutes ago, barkydoggo said:

Specs are good. It's proooooobably thermal expansion. Try running it without the side panel on and see if it does the same thing. If it is thermal expansion, honestly that's just a sign that your system might be getting too warm.

While playing the game my gpu reached 73 degrees? Would this temperature cause thermal expansion

2 hours ago, Cringe123 said:

While playing the game my gpu reached 73 degrees? Would this temperature cause thermal expansion

If the case temps get warm enough, it will easily cause the metal and plastic to expand at different rates, causing popping noises. I can't verify that's what your system is doing though. Try running with the side panel open and see if the issue continues

16 hours ago, barkydoggo said:

If the case temps get warm enough, it will easily cause the metal and plastic to expand at different rates, causing popping noises. I can't verify that's what your system is doing though. Try running with the side panel open and see if the issue continues

Okay, Ill see if it goes away without the panels

1 hour ago, Cringe123 said:

Okay, Ill see if it goes away without the panels

Ive tried running it with no panels on and there was no sound at all when I did. If it is thermal expansion is it at all harmful or is it okay

17 hours ago, barkydoggo said:

Just now, Cringe123 said:

The case getting hot won't break anything. But if it's getting warm enough to cause that, you may have fairly limited airflow. Just keep an eye on your CPU and GPU temps when gaming and ensure they don't get too warm. Otherwise, you're probably fine 👍