Noctua fans wont spin with 2 pin adapter for power supply fan but other brands do?

MBisFrenchy

Hi, 

I have a 80mm noctua nf-a8 flx 3 pin and wanted to use it as a power supply fan as my existing one the bearing makes a weird noise. I connected it with the adapter below and no fan spin. I thought hmmm maybe it's the fan but then I connected my noctua cpu coolers 4 pin 92mm fan and it wouldn't spin either. I then connected a old coolermaster 120mm sickle 120mm fan and it ran fine? 

Also I noticed though the coolermaster sickle flow claims 19 db when connected to the motherboards 4 pin header the noctua is noticeably louder even though it claims to be 16.1 db? 

First I noticed someone said the polarity may be backwards on the adapter in the reviews now but how would that work? Noctua is not following the color coding of the cables? The red and black part of the noctua 3 cables match the ones on the 3 pin to pin adapters. I'm really confused. Is it the adapter or the design of the Noctua fans that's the issue? 

Audio of original fan attached for reference 

Adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B083CRN5L6?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title