Overclocking ryzen 5 3600x

How much did you overclock your ryzen 5 3600x?

Now, I know that overcloking is/could be fun and I’m not saying that it’s not, but if you have overclocked ryzen 5 3600x I would be thankful for info how much can I teleport bread… I mean overclock my cpu.

I have 120mm air cooler, and asus b450 elite (idk, maybe that could be helpful for you)

Thx for info and have a nice day, pumpkins!

3 minutes ago, Tym2000 said:

How much did you overclock your ryzen 5 3600x?

Now, I know that overcloking is/could be fun and I’m not saying that it’s not, but if you have overclocked ryzen 5 3600x I would be thankful for info how much can I teleport bread… I mean overclock my cpu.

I have 120mm air cooler, and asus b450 elite (idk, maybe that could be helpful for you)

Thx for info and have a nice day, pumpkins!

essentially a 3600x is a fine tuned and/or binned 3600, and pbo is generally really, i mean really good for getting high frequencies at freakishly low voltages when compared to manual overclocking.
but that isnt to say you cant do it. 

how about this just go straight for an all core overclock at 4.4ghz at say 1.425v, if it doesnt crash in benchmarking slowly lower the voltage, if it does crash lower the frequency

also keep a close eye on temps, 1.4v and above can be pretty toasty, try not to let cpu temp go too far past 90c (95c should be your absolute max temp during benchmarking)

also most people are going to recommend doing this the other way around (slowly raising the core clock from say 4.2ghz and work from there, but im weird)

6 minutes ago, GoodEnough said:

essentially a 3600x is a fine tuned and/or binned 3600, and pbo is generally really, i mean really good for getting high frequencies at freakishly low voltages when compared to manual overclocking.
but that isnt to say you cant do it. 

how about this just go straight for an all core overclock at 4.4ghz at say 1.425v, if it doesnt crash in benchmarking slowly lower the voltage, if it does crash lower the frequency

also keep a close eye on temps, 1.4v and above can be pretty toasty, try not to let cpu temp go too far past 90c (95c should be your absolute max temp during benchmarking)

also most people are going to recommend doing this the other way around (slowly raising the core clock from say 4.2ghz and work from there, but im weird)

I got my overclock with the AiSuite 3 thing.

Started at 3.6, then 3.65, 3.7, 3.75, 3.8, 3.85, etc., until 4.325.

It crashed and then it set the multiplier in my BIOS to 43.25x.

It means it runs at 4.2-4.3 GHz.

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

It means it runs at 4.2-4.3 GHz.

the best you can really expect is +100mhz past the max boost (at least on a regular 2600 and 3600)

Just now, GoodEnough said:

the best you can really expect is +100mhz past the max boost (at least on a regular 2600 and 3600)

My temps haven't changed much - maybe +1-2C.

elephants

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

My temps haven't changed much - maybe +1-2C.

i can get 4ghz pretty easily on this 2600 but at 4.1 it tends to go past 100c after about 45 seconds of benchmarking (stock cooler and stock thermal paste doesnt work too great)

i can get 4ghz pretty easily on this 2600 but at 4.1 it tends to go past 100c after about 45 seconds of benchmarking (stock cooler and stock thermal paste doesnt work too great)

I have a Thermaltake tower cooler that's from 2010.

It's got a circular heat sink thing and a fan inside of it.
Works well, except it has to balance on the RAM so it's not covering a bit (e.g. 2mm towards the top)

elephants

Just now, ragnarok0273 said:

I have a Thermaltake tower cooler that's from 2010.

It's got a circular heat sink thing and a fan inside of it.
Works well, except it has to balance on the RAM so it's not covering a bit (e.g. 2mm towards the top)

the stock cooler is designed to be quiet, so like, it sucks for actually good cooling, yay.. not that i ever have to worry about a cpu fan being louder than this gpu..

the stock cooler is designed to be quiet, so like, it sucks for actually good cooling, yay.. not that i ever have to worry about a cpu fan being louder than this gpu..

The loudest things in my case are my 2010 Molex fans with blue LEDs.
The loudest thing in the office is the 1999 120mm Molex fan in my Phenom tower.

elephants

• 2 weeks later...

I've just received my new 3600x, and I was able to get 4.5GHz with Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro-P mobo.

The system is stable so far, I did a stress test for about 30 minutes, and 2+ hours of gaming, CPU voltage is between 1.26-1.27v, 36-40 Celsius when idle, max 65 Celsius in stress test.

4.6GHz also seems stable with 1.296-1.308v but another 10C~ in stress test.

I'm not sure if 4.6GHz worth it, so I've left it in 4.5GHz for now.

But maybe it's possible to get better results with lower multiply and higher base clock, didn't have time to try this yet.

I haven't taken the time to learn how to do those auto oc's yet or whatever.. but for manual 1 speed 1 voltage I need 1.268 for 4400, and 1.337 for 4500. That's on the CCX. I would never be able to get 4600 stable with all cores without a really abusive voltage, like 1.4v or more. And then watch it burn with AVX. Mine seems like a middle of the road sample. But I can run it at 4500, so whatever I guess.. its not terrible. Its actually pretty good.. I wanted a 5000 series but I have to wait. Either way I think it was worth the price. This is my first AM4.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

Is 1.4v+ safe for Zen 2?

I've read people say the most your want is Aaron's 1.325v any higher results in degradation, unlike zen 1/+.

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x