Corsair H100i V2 RGB cooler replacement fans

jeremymwilson

Hi all, just installed this cooler on my 6700K in a Corsair 280X case. It's damn loud while gaming so I've been changing the fan curve in the bios. The MB is an old ASRock Q170M and the bios is not the most user-friendly.

My question: if I can't fix the issue satisfactorily with the fan curve, I have 2 spare Be Quiet Silent Wing 3 fans. Has anyone used these fans on this cooler? I know they are very quiet but not sure if they are a good match for that cooler, or for AIOs in general.

For info, the cpu shows around 30 deg at idle. When gaming, as the temp goes over 35 and approaches 40 deg, the fan speed was up to 2300 and was ridiculously loud. After adjusting fan curves, at the same temp the fan speed went down to around 2000, still too high (and loud) considering 40 deg is still a very low temp for a cpu while gaming.

Thanks for any advice.

Love not hate

I thought he h100i V2 fans can be controlled using iCue? Have you tried this? If not, I have good experience swapping my stock NZXT AER P fans to the silent wings 3. However mine was the 140mm PWM High Speed version. 

23 minutes ago, Imannudein said:

I thought he h100i V2 fans can be controlled using iCue? Have you tried this? If not, I have good experience swapping my stock NZXT AER P fans to the silent wings 3. However mine was the 140mm PWM High Speed version. 

I can choose the fan profile in iCue (silent, balanced, extreme etc) but not the fan curve. For that I think I'd need to buy the Commander Pro. Good to hear you've changed to the Silent Wings, I'll give it a go tomorrow

Love not hate

You do not need a commander pro. The fans connect the pump and the pump connects the fan header and a USB header. In icue you can can set your own fan curves and the pump you'll only get 3 options for speed.

You can also set fan curve from different sensors like water temp in the aio(default), cpu temp, from temp, gpu temp, and some others I think.

If you dont want to control the fans through icue. Then connect them to the motherboard. You can then use the bios to control the fans.

Either way you can use what ever fans you want. 

17 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

You do not need a commander pro. The fans connect the pump and the pump connects the fan header and a USB header. In icue you can can set your own fan curves and the pump you'll only get 3 options for speed.

You can also set fan curve from different sensors like water temp in the aio(default), cpu temp, from temp, gpu temp, and some others I think.

If you dont want to control the fans through icue. Then connect them to the motherboard. You can then use the bios to control the fans.

Either way you can use what ever fans you want. 

thanks for the info!

Love not hate