32GB Memory - 16GB "Hardware Reserved"

Hi!

I just installed some additional memory into my system so im able to play Transport Fever 2 and Microsoft flight sim without crashes due to running out of memory

Intalled i have my old Corsair Vengence LPX 1x16GB 3000MHz Ram CL15 (Overclocked to 3200Mhz - Runs stable and has done for 2 years) and the new RAM is Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 2x8GB 3600MHz CL18. I have set in the bios to manually use 18-22-22-42 Timings and 3200Mhz.

For some reason, even though i had set it in BIOS to 18-22-22-22-42 Timings and 3200Mhz, when booted into windows, its running 15-20-20-36 @ 2133 in BIOS (Showingin task manager as 1067)

However i struggled to boot initially for some reason until i put the LPX in slot 2 & RGB Pro in slots 3&4 so that the new one, causing issues, is on Channel 2. However when I booted into Windows, task manager is showing 16GB as hardware reserved. How do remove/lower this?

1 minute ago, WikiForce said:

trying switching slots and re-seating the ram properly, if that doesn't fix it it's likely one stick is faulty or mobo has an issue with slots

how should I rearange them?

Channel 1 has the 1x16GB Ram Module, and Channel 2 has the new 2x8GB Module

I tried the other way around but the system wouldnt post  - Ive gotten it to boot

how else would yu suggest?

1 minute ago, WikiForce said:

i guess you have only 2 ram slots, did you try other things i adviced? doesn't seem like you have much options, maybe try getting replacement if your return period isn't over or RMA it otherwise

I have 4 slots

Turns out i was just a complete an utter idiot and the 1x16GB module hadnt seated properly

I went to take them out, undid 1 clip and it just fell out

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 1:30 PM, WikiForce said:

that's what i told you, but you didn't listen and you didn't even credit me or anything and just chose your reply as solution, honestly seemed a bit rude to me.

Oh! Im so sorry!

i completely missed that. I do appologise