Custom cooling or 3070

Ubernerd2212

Custom Cooling or 3070  

4 members have voted

1. 1. 3070 or custom cooling

• Custom Water loop

I have a i7 9700k over clocked at 4.5 Ghz and when I'm gaming it gets to about 90 ish degrees Celsius. I have already wanted to make a full custom loop for my system with a gpu upgrade from a 1660 xc to a FE 3070. I'm starting to think that there will be some permanent damage or a shortened life span of my cpu with that high of tempurature. So what do you guys think. (btw i have a corsiar H75 already)

6 minutes ago, Ubernerd2212 said:

I have a i7 9700k over clocked at 4.5 Ghz and when I'm gaming it gets to about 90 ish degrees Celsius. I have already wanted to make a full custom loop for my system with a gpu upgrade from a 1660 xc to a FE 3070. I'm starting to think that there will be some permanent damage or a shortened life span of my cpu with that high of tempurature. So what do you guys think. (btw i have a corsiar H75 already)

You can get better performance from a high-end air cooler than an aio, especially a low end model like the H75. Something like an NH-D15 would be a not-insignificant upgrade whilst being far cheaper than a full custom water cooling loop. That being said, you could just pull down your OC a bit...

IMO I would either pick up an NH-D15 and a 3070, or turn down the OC and pick up a 3070. Custom water cooling loops are only really justifiable if you're already at the I-have-way-too-much-money level of pc hardware. Running a custom loop with a GTX 1660 makes no sense.

CPU: i7 4790k, RAM: 16GB DDR3, GPU: GTX 1060 6GB