Not normal laptop temps

My laptop, the ASUS Tuf Fx504 has insanely high temps that shouldnt even be safe anymore. Got to 80 on cpu and gpu on just playing valorant for 5 mins and never went down below 80. On one point even got to 91 and the fans even on full speed and still got to these temps. What do i do to reduce the temps?

Sounds about typical for a "gaming" laptop. What you can do is clean it and make sure there's enough airflow (raise it up), but that's about it.

First of all, try to check if it's the normal thing among all users of this laptop. If it's then it's just laptop's "feature".

Do you have any kind of background processes (programs, utilities additional malware from Asus...), which uses your CPU/GPU while you're playing games? If not, then you don't need to reinstall OS.

Did you or the technician ever open the laptop for cleaning and replacing thermal components? If not, start from this and then check the temperatures again. Also, this may not help a lot, but most of the laptops have very thin stands. so if your laptop takes cold air from its back side, then either put it on the laptop stand or just add erasers under the stands (you can cut them with utility knife to get the height, which you are comfortable with)

If the problem still persists, try to look for solutions from other users/modders of this laptop and maybe you can find some sort of solution.

11 minutes ago, Crave said:

First of all, try to check if it's the normal thing among all users of this laptop. If it's then it's just laptop's "feature".

Do you have any kind of background processes (programs, utilities additional malware from Asus...), which uses your CPU/GPU while you're playing games? If not, then you don't need to reinstall OS.

Did you or the technician ever open the laptop for cleaning and replacing thermal components? If not, start from this and then check the temperatures again. Also, this may not help a lot, but most of the laptops have very thin stands. so if your laptop takes cold air from its back side, then either put it on the laptop stand or just add erasers under the stands (you can cut them with utility knife to get the height, which you are comfortable with)

If the problem still persists, try to look for solutions from other users/modders of this laptop and maybe you can find some sort of solution.

I think its maybe because of the dust filling up inside the laptop, i never actually close the laptop and just always have it up

36 minutes ago, On our way to beat dio said:

I think its maybe because of the dust filling up inside the laptop, i never actually close the laptop and just always have it up

Well, here's the source of the problem.

Every electronics should be either opened and cleaned or blowed with air by leaf blower (anti-static ones) or air blow guns at least once a year. Otherwise, you can end up like me when I didn't clean my Toshiba Qosmio laptop for 3-4 years, and it resulted in half fried CPU. Funny thing is, it still worked with one of the two fried die, and games even run smoothly, just a tad slower than usual.

5 minutes ago, Crave said:

Well, here's the source of the problem.

Every electronics should be either opened and cleaned or blowed with air by leaf blower (anti-static ones) or air blow guns at least once a year. Otherwise, you can end up like me when I didn't clean my Toshiba Qosmio laptop for 3-4 years, and it resulted in half fried CPU. Funny thing is, it still worked with one of the two fried die, and games even run smoothly, just a tad slower than usual.

I didnt even clean for 3 years 👁👄👁 my laptop even lost alot of its performance in its glory days

12 minutes ago, On our way to beat dio said:

I didnt even clean for 3 years 👁👄👁 my laptop even lost alot of its performance in its glory days

As Dudis already mentioned, clean, re-paste/replace thermal pad if it has any, maybe even reinstall OS just to make sure the HDD/SSD is clean too, undervolt if the BIOS has this option, and put your laptop a little higher than usual with cooling pad/laptop stand/erasers.

Those are pretty normal temperatures while gaming on a laptop.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20