Computer upgrade help.

Budget (including currency): £300 - £600 (British pound)  

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mid to High tier gaming 

Current computer Specs

Processor = AMD FX(tm) 9590 Eight Core 4.72GHz

Ram = 32GB

Motherboard = Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 

GPU = AMD Radeon R9 200 

SSD= 120GB Kingston 

HDD = 1TB 

PSU = Corsair RM850

OS= Windows 10 

Recently two friends of mine have bought new gaming rigs for approx £1500 and was wondering would it be worth upgrading my current setup? and if so what components should I use. 

IMG_6293.HEIC

The issue is that you’d be looking at ideally upgrading everything. You’d be buying a new system entirely omitting maybe the psu and drives. Maybe the cooler if it has an adapter for new sockets around.

The 9590 is still very capable but in some games and applications that want straight single thread performance it will suffer. And even if that’s an R9 290x, that’s coming up on not being able to top out every game even in 1080p anymore.

I would start for now with a new gpu, and in the future upgrade the platform to a new cpu/motherboard and ram. For a gpu buy something you can afford that will be a bit much for the cpu, since you will later upgrade the cpu. Search for an RTX 3070 would be my recommendation. Or grab something like a 2070 super used because that will still be night and day compared to any R9 200 series card with the FX 9590.

probably what i would go with, but if you are comfortable going used you could probably get at least a 2060 super