I'm buying my first real gaming desktop and don't know which of these two PC's I should go for:)

I need some help picking a computer. Which is the better value? and which would you choose?

It will be used for stuff like, F1 2020, Valorent, Fortnite, Davinci Resolve, and GTA V

(I have a 144hz 2k monitor, so would like to play at 144 fps with graphics medium and above, but preferably as high as possible)

PC 1: (Self Build)

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Graphics card: AMD PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700 XT 8GB
  • Ram: 16 GB DDr4 Ram (3000 MHz)
  • Motherboard: Asus Prime B450m-K
  • Cooling:  
    • Cabinet cooling: Included cabinet fans + 2x Be Quiet Pure Wing 
    • Processer cooling: Arctic Freezer 7x
  • Power supply: 650w Fourze 80+
  • Cabinet: Fractal Design Focus G
  • SSD: 240 GB WD Green M.2
    • Additional storage: 1 TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM / 64 MB 3.5
  • No Windows
  • Price: 971.24 USD

PC 2: (Pre-build) Link to site (It´s in Danish) 

https://www.fcomputer.dk/foeniks-intel-10-gen-i5-rtx3060ti-gamer-computer-intel-i5-10400f-16gb-ddr4-nvidia-rtx-3060ti-8gb-500gb-ssd-uden-windows

• Processor: Intel Core i5 10400F
  • Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 
  • Ram: 16 GB DDr4 Ram 
  • Motherboard: H410m 
  • Cooling: Intel Stock cooling 
  • Powersupply: 650W 80 Plus 
  • Cabinet: NZXT H510 
  • SSD: 500 Gb NVMe 
  • No windows
  • Price: 1385.10 USD

Thanks in advance:)

there can be issues with BIOS stuff if you are going to deal with ryzen, but it might just go fine too.

for the first build:

everything might be just fine.

Change, MB to 550 series

RTX card since you had it on the other build, if possible and at the best price?

3200 ram instead of 3000 from what you have there, and if you can see what CL they have too, might say something like CL 16 or CL 18 etc, lower is mostly better.

6 minutes ago, Fgyring said:

It will be used for stuff like, F1 2020, Valorent, Fortnite and Davinci Resolve

Just those three games? Any other more demanding games? Resolution and fps you want to play at?

If you're only playing the games you mentioned the 3060Ti in the prebuilt is probably overkill.

As for your build, the stock processor cooler would be good enough you don't need to get an aftermarket one. Maybe bump the ram up to a 3200MHz CL16 kit. And keep in mind that getting a B550 board instead of a B450 would give you PCIe4 bandwidth for your graphics and SSD and Smart Access Memory support if you ever put a Ryzen 5000 processor in

SPEC LIST:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X w/ NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm Liquid Cooler
  • GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) 5000MHz CL18
  • Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Godlike
  • SSD: Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 1TB (x3)
  • PSU: Corsair AX1600i
  • Case: NZXT H710
  • Monitor: Alienware AW2521H 25inch 360Hz 1ms

11 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

there can be issues with BIOS stuff if you are going to deal with ryzen, but it might just go fine too.

for the first build:

everything might be just fine.

Change, MB to 550 series

RTX card since you had it on the other build, if possible and at the best price?

3200 ram instead of 3000 from what you have there, and if you can see what CL they have too, might say something like CL 16 or CL 18 etc, lower is mostly better.

Thanks, but what I wanted to here was of these two PC´s, which would you choose?, and which is better value?

1st one, I would swap out a few parts though.

MOBO -

ASRock B450M PRO4 AM4 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

GIGABYTE B450 AORUS M AM4 AMD Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

RAM -

3200 - CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 288-Pin DDR4 Desktop Memory - Newegg.com

3600 - CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3600 Desktop Memory - Newegg.com

SSD - SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series 2.5" 500GB SATA III MLC Internal SSD - Newegg.com

Case - 

darkFlash DLM21 MESH Micro ATX Mini ITX Tower Black Computer Case - Newegg.com

DEEPCOOL MATREXX 50 Mid-Tower Case Tempered Glass Side And Front Panel With PSU Shroud Large Air-intake - Newegg.comDEEPCOOL MATREXX 50 Mid-Tower Case Tempered Glass Side And Front Panel With PSU Shroud Large Air-intake - Newegg.com

CPU Cooler - (Either one is on the budget end)

Air - Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition CPU Air Cooler - Newegg.com

AIO - CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L AIO CPU Liquid Cooler, 120mm - Newegg.com

PSU - Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-750 750W Power Supply - Newegg.com

5700XT is a good card, I think Powercolor or Sapphire makes the better cards. 

B450 will work with Ryzen 3000 series out the box, not sure about the AsRock board 100% but the Gigabyte one will. X570 and B550 is pointless cause of B450 Bios updates, and unless you really need PCIE 4.0, which I doubt most do, you should be fine. I even have an NVME drive I am good on B450.

4 minutes ago, cm992 said:

Just those three games? Any other more demanding games? Resolution and fps you want to play at?

If you're only playing the games you mentioned the 3060Ti in the prebuilt is probably overkill.

As for your build, the stock processor cooler would be good enough you don't need to get an aftermarket one. Maybe bump the ram up to a 3200MHz CL16 kit. And keep in mind that getting a B550 board instead of a B450 would give you PCIe4 bandwidth for your graphics and SSD and Smart Access Memory support if you ever put a Ryzen 5000 processor in

Thanks for the spec tips:) I have a 144hz 2k monitor, so would like to play at 144 fps with graphics medium and above, but preferably as high as possible. Value wise, which would you choose?

either is better in a different way, for the price? neither.

As mentioned above in what people would like to adjust.

for more visuals and fps and if you need to upgrade the CPU or if it's fine as is?

then the 3060ti (second choice) although is more expensive...

other one you could add an GPU to it.

for those games i would buy a second hand pc/parts and a new SSD & PSU.

17 minutes ago, Mling said:

for those games i would buy a second hand pc/parts and a new SSD & PSU.

That is highly subjective and unspecific. OP is buying his first real PC, all we know he'll go out and buy a 3rd gen intel with a 5700XT, then I'll have to waste 2+ hours of my time again on a thread explaining why that is a HUGE bottleneck and why his in game performance is bad. 

@Fgyring 1st rig if you want price for performance with brand new parts. I personally rarely buy used. I buy CURRENT, but I buy on facebook and ebay. I just built a Ryzen 5 3600 rig, with b450, 16gb 3200mhz ram, nvme, rx 570 8gb for 1/2 of what it would cost brand new. You gotta be honest with yourself, what are your needs, not wants. I used to sell cars, people wanted what they thought they wanted, turns out it's not what they needed.

(These are your needs) F1 2020, Valorant, Fortnite, Davinci Resolve, and GTA V

(I have a 144hz 2k monitor, so would like to play at 144 fps with graphics medium and above, but preferably as high as possible)

I get 150-160fps on High with dips down to 120fps with my RX 570 and Ryzen 5 3600 on Cold War and Warzone, I am going to upgrade to a RX 5700XT when prices drop. I also play on a 144Hz monitor @ 1080p

5 minutes ago, OGKRG said:

(These are your needs) F1 2020, Valorant, Fortnite, Davinci Resolve, and GTA V

And with those needs do you think PC 1 would do a good enough job for a few years? (I know the performance will decrease over time, but still want to have something that would be playable with these and fortune similar games, in a few years time)

(I'm sorry if I sound a bit dumb with these questions but I only started actually caring a my PC specs about 2 weeks 1,5 week ago)

8 minutes ago, Fgyring said:

And with those needs do you think PC 1 would do a good enough job for a few years? (I know the performance will decrease over time, but still want to have something that would be playable with these and fortune similar games, in a few years time)

(I'm sorry if I sound a bit dumb with these questions but I only started actually caring a my PC specs about 2 weeks 1,5 week ago)

Not to blow smoke up my *cough cough* rear end, but I wouldn't of bought and AMD CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) over an Intel 10th gen, considering I had a 7700K OC'd to 5.2GHz with a GTX 1070 back in November, which was the last month I owned that rig, owning it for 2 years. AMD is known for price for performance, longevity, future proof if you wanna call it that. Phenom II series was a breath of fresh air for all gamers back in the 2010 era because it was cheaper than Intel, close performance, and if you had black edition you could OC it. I don't want to be bias because my whole rig is AMD across, but if Intel comes out ahead in the next year I will switch back. I am not a fanboy, I am a realist, and I want to play games without ripping my hair out, or punching holes in my wall and losing my security deposit also. AMD boards are cheaper, OC out the box if u want to, $200 for a Ryzen 5 3600 is a steal, unless you get it used for around $150 on some market sites like Facebook. There isn't really "The Best PC Parts" things change, parts get out dated, but "Price for Performance" and the 4-5 year mark is a standard for most people. Will I upgrade my rig in a year? maybe, depends on my "NEEDS" and games I want to play. You can't ask a SLI'd 8800 Ultras that ran Crysis back in 2007 to run Cold War or Warzone. You have to be realistic. I understand some people have low income, go sell lemonade idk. Point is, if you play mid tier, low tier style games like League, Valorant, Fortnite, that don't require corpus amounts of processing power, then you will be fine, even playing Warzone on 1st rig, with my modified suggestions will last you years. But keep in mind the industry could change overnight and kill everyone's PC's just like Crysis 1 did back in 2007. Will we have another 2007 again, no one knows, just like the returning of Jesus. 

3 minutes ago, OGKRG said:

Not to blow smoke up my *cough cough* rear end, but I wouldn't of bought and AMD CPU (Ryzen 5 3600) over an Intel 10th gen, considering I had a 7700K OC'd to 5.2GHz with a GTX 1070 back in November, which was the last month I owned that rig, owning it for 2 years. AMD is known for price for performance, longevity, future proof if you wanna call it that. Phenom II series was a breath of fresh air for all gamers back in the 2010 era because it was cheaper than Intel, close performance, and if you had black edition you could OC it. I don't want to be bias because my whole rig is AMD across, but if Intel comes out ahead in the next year I will switch back. I am not a fanboy, I am a realist, and I want to play games without ripping my hair out, or punching holes in my wall and losing my security deposit also. AMD boards are cheaper, OC out the box if u want to, $200 for a Ryzen 5 3600 is a steal, unless you get it used for around $150 on some market sites like Facebook. There isn't really "The Best PC Parts" things change, parts get out dated, but "Price for Performance" and the 4-5 year mark is a standard for most people. Will I upgrade my rig in a year? maybe, depends on my "NEEDS" and games I want to play. You can't ask a SLI'd 8800 Ultras that ran Crysis back in 2007 to run Cold War or Warzone. You have to be realistic. I understand some people have low income, go sell lemonade idk. Point is, if you play mid tier, low tier style games like League, Valorant, Fortnite, that don't require corpus amounts of processing power, then you will be fine, even playing Warzone on 1st rig, with my modified suggestions will last you years. But keep in mind the industry could change overnight and kill everyone's PC's just like Crysis 1 did back in 2007. Will we have another 2007 again, no one knows, just like the returning of Jesus. 

Okay, huge thanks:). I didn't want to break the bank and I'm not planning on doing any really extreme gaming so I choose the specs thinking it would be a small overkill and then last me a few years before stuff needed to be replaced. The problem is that I cant get it for at least a month due to a dried up graphics card marked and I got an offer for PC 2 and thought it might be better anyway plus I could get it now. 

If I understood you correctly PC 1 should do the job just fine (for now) and therefore I will stick with that. Have a great day:)

4 minutes ago, Fgyring said:

Okay, huge thanks:). I didn't want to break the bank and I'm not planning on doing any really extreme gaming so I choose the specs thinking it would be a small overkill and then last me a few years before stuff needed to be replaced. The problem is that I cant get it for at least a month due to a dried up graphics card marked and I got an offer for PC 2 and thought it might be better anyway plus I could get it now. 

If I understood you correctly PC 1 should do the job just fine (for now) and therefore I will stick with that. Have a great day:)

5700XT is a nice card, trust me I would of gotten one already if the prices weren't inflated. Was going to trade my RX 570 8GB for a 5700XT + $250 cash, but opt'd out of that. You could get a RX 5xx series card and wait for a RX 5xxxx/6xxxx or if AMD launches a 7xxxx or budget 6xxxx series in the next month or too. I am sure if Nvidia releases a 3050ti AMD will one up them. When the balls in your court you don't have to make the first move. 

16 minutes ago, OGKRG said:

5700XT is a nice card, trust me I would of gotten one already if the prices weren't inflated. Was going to trade my RX 570 8GB for a 5700XT + $250 cash, but opt'd out of that. You could get a RX 5xx series card and wait for a RX 5xxxx/6xxxx or if AMD launches a 7xxxx or budget 6xxxx series in the next month or too. I am sure if Nvidia releases a 3050ti AMD will one up them. When the balls in your court you don't have to make the first move. 

Okay I will surely give that some thought:) While I have you here I have one more, slightly unrelated question. In a few year when things become to slow to use, what part would be the first you would replace/upgrade?