PC for artists

Mr.Pixel
Go to solution Solved by martward,

I think the fact that no one talks about it is because such a pc would share a lot with gaming PC's. AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong) you don't need much horsepower for drawing, probably mostly a monitor with good colour reproduction. For blender and stuff you need graphical horsepower and personally I'd get an Nvidia card because of CUDA. The main difference would be that you'd wat more cores rather than a few slow cores, though nowadays you'd more  cores for gaming as well I guess.

Everyone talks about super saiyan gaming PCs and all. There are only a very few who talks about tech for artists and stuff. And to be honest I don't find their tips useful. I need assistance as what PC or laptop would be powerful for drawing, animation, making 3d stuff(blender for example). It should be cheap and exclude all the non essential hardware (including RGB). So, just fill me up with tech tippyness.

(Btw I also have an Inspiron 560s, is there some way to upgrade it. It's old, that's why it's hard to find hardware that fits it. Pls help)

I think the fact that no one talks about it is because such a pc would share a lot with gaming PC's. AFAIK (correct me if I'm wrong) you don't need much horsepower for drawing, probably mostly a monitor with good colour reproduction. For blender and stuff you need graphical horsepower and personally I'd get an Nvidia card because of CUDA. The main difference would be that you'd wat more cores rather than a few slow cores, though nowadays you'd more  cores for gaming as well I guess.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

Most intensive animation and rendering will typically require a powerful gpu, although a powerful cpu can also be competitive in some applications (such as blender). If you're looking for something with good performance per dollar that's better than your Inspiron, Apple's M1 mac mini looks pretty good for the money right now. Or if your current laptop supports egpu's, you can go that route. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

1 hour ago, martward said:

I think if you have the extra money to spend on the cpu the amd 5600x would be amazing on pair with the last gen ryzen 9 and over all pretty good bang for the buck.