First attempt at c#

JamieF

I was messing around with c# for the first time today and I made this game where you can hit Linus in the head... sort of. It's like a hit the mole game but something to do with collision doesn't let you hit the object itself but rather touch the top left corner. I might fix it in the future :P

Basically you have 60 seconds to hit that corner as many times as you can. I've been working on this pretty much all day and I wanted to share it so I could get some feedback on what I could improve for the next rubbish game I make :P

post-41463-0-20689500-1395174311.png

It opens in full screen to give more playing room.

I can post the code if anybody wants to play about with it :)

Here's the link to download:

https://mega.co.nz/#!BwIGgbwY!M-_Onrv6ZfbJ2hLKcljg3BFeMnbVxnjwWX1tRKsVKnw

I apologise if this is the wrong place to put the topic or if it's not allowed at all.

Haha nice work! And great picture of Linus  :P

This should be a tread where everybody can post their highscores.

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

Man you made that in one at your first try at c# and I dont even know how to make a application outside of the console, and I have been learning c# in my freetime for a few weeks. 

Also can you link me to what you used to learn c#

Can you upload the project/source somewhere?

I want to check it out. :P

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Can you upload the project/source somewhere?

I want to check it out. :P

It's in the OP

How do I actually hit him? I didn't see it in the controls 

Haha nice work! And great picture of Linus  :P

This should be a tread where everybody can post their highscores.

Man you made that in one at your first try at c# and I dont even know how to make a application outside of the console, and I have been learning c# in my freetime for a few weeks. 

Also can you link me to what you used to learn c#

It was based off a tutorial I saw this morning. 

I made that game and then played around with the code. I tend to learn what I need for the project and pick up the basic stuff along the way :)

Eww mega. Always gives me "Your browser seems a bit outdated". I don't want to downgrade to a new version of Opera damn it.

Your thing looks funky though :P I did a whack a troll last year for an assignment and it turned out quite well.

Try out XNA (unsupported now, but has a lot of useful functions) It's basically a nice pretty version of directX for c#

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

It's in the OP

How do I actually hit him? I didn't see it in the controls 

Where? I can only find the application executables...

Curing shitposts by shitposts

Oops... I didn't see that you said source. my bad

Eww mega. Always gives me "Your browser seems a bit outdated". I don't want to downgrade to a new version of Opera damn it.

Your thing looks funky though :P I did a whack a troll last year for an assignment and it turned out quite well.

Try out XNA (unsupported now, but has a lot of useful functions) It's basically a nice pretty version of directX for c#

Thanks, i'll have a look :)

I've included the whole project folder so you should be able to open it in vs :)

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ns5GEJwb!nMBk-orkkx0CIc3C3KJJW8__1do8rOcvHz0WCY2ILZM

Thanks, i'll have a look :)

I've included the whole project folder so you should be able to open it in vs :)

https://mega.co.nz/#!Ns5GEJwb!nMBk-orkkx0CIc3C3KJJW8__1do8rOcvHz0WCY2ILZM

ImageToHit is created, but the constructor does accept size or anything, and you don't set the ImageSize after you created it, so you end up with ImageSize equally effectively 0...so the interesectswith only accepts the top left corner.

Consider something like

public ImageToHit(Size size)            {                 ImageSize = size;                Speed.X=3;                Speed.Y=3;            }

OR less recommended, but still could work

public Game()        {            Target.ImageSize = ///your size here            InitializeComponent();            SetStyle(ControlStyles.AllPaintingInWmPaint | ControlStyles.OptimizedDoubleBuffer | ControlStyles.ResizeRedraw, true);        }

0b10111010 10101101 11110000 00001101

ImageToHit is created, but the constructor does accept size or anything, and you don't set the ImageSize after you created it, so you end up with ImageSize equally effectively 0...so the interesectswith only accepts the top left corner.

Consider something like

public ImageToHit(Size size)            {                 ImageSize = size;                Speed.X=3;                Speed.Y=3;            }

OR less recommended, but still could work

public Game()        {            Target.ImageSize = ///your size here            InitializeComponent();            SetStyle(ControlStyles.AllPaintingInWmPaint | ControlStyles.OptimizedDoubleBuffer | ControlStyles.ResizeRedraw, true);        }

Sorry i've been working on another project and forgot to say thank you :P

There was an error with the code (constructor takes in 0) but I fixed it by adding the height and width.