Laggy maOS Big Sur VM

I'm partically new to the vm side on pc. But today I decided to install and try out macOS Big Sur on virtualbox VM and see if i can use it as my daily OS for studying since its more minimal and less clutter.

I've assigned 4cores and 8gb of ram to my VM but when I start the VM it's really laggy and can be considered unusable. I'm running a i7 8750H and 16gb of ram so allocating 4cores should not be a problem ? I tried to allocated only 2 cores and 8gb of ram to the vm but it is also laggy and hard to use.

I've already enabled hardware acceleration and Vt-X.

Besides that, there's no audio output on the vm system so please does anyone has similar encounters :(

config.png

Yeah that's fairly normal. Virtual machines have always had awful performance regardless of what hardware it's running on or what OS is running in the VM. I don't think there is much you can do about it.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

22 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Pretty normal osx is built around gpu acceleration and the virtual box virtual gpu does not do that.

Does VMware have gpu acceleration?

Just now, AndreiArgeanu said:

Does VMware have gpu acceleration?

Don't think so. Should just be the regular emulated gpu thing

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Don't think so. Should just be the regular emulated gpu thing

So could that potentially fix issues related to GPU accelerated stuff? Or games inside a virtual os?

So basically its the gpu thats making this vm laggy ? I've seen other peoples vm and they run fairly smooth even on weaker configurations