First ever build ! (5900x + 2080Ti soon to be replaced with 3080)

PampaZiya

942286996_WhatsAppImage2021-01-03at2_02_25AM.thumb.jpeg.11c3f9132702333bcef12206b61a72b5.jpeg1097393557_WhatsAppImage2021-01-06at12_15_55AM.thumb.jpeg.433a98d8e6a7b7a23d4d483fe10c27aa.jpeg

- Case: Phanteks P500a DRGB 

- Motherboard: ASUS X570 Pro/CSM 

- CPU: AMD 5900x

- GPU: Gigabyte 2080 Ti windforce - Waiting for the TUF Gaming 3080 to be in stock to get that and replace the 2080 Ti

RAM: 32GB Gskill Trident Z 3600mhz CL16 (Dual channel 2x16gb)

- PSU : Corsair RM 650x 80gold psu

- CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i Capellix - Performs great but lowest RPM is 2k and it's loud... like... loud. ( I have it on Quiet on ICue and it's connected to the CPU_FAN header) and forgot name of thermal paste I used on it

Wifi/Bluetooth: TP-LINK Archer TX3000E

Fans: Phanteks fans that came with case but I'm replacing them soon with 3 Corsair QL140 White RIB PWM 140mm and there's a Corsair LL120mm in the back exhaust (3 intake, 4 exhaust) and will be controlling them all through ICue

Misc: Changing the CPIE cable sleeves for the GPU with white Gamerchief ones to match the other cables

- Monitors:  Asus ROG XG29Q 1440p 144hz and a Acer XB241YU 1440p 144hz

- Mouse: Gigbayte G703 wireless

- Keyboard: Ducky one 2 TKL

Mousepad: Some razer one with rgb around it lol

- Microphone: Blue yeti nano

Note: Desk image shows my older prebuilt pc just at least this one is clean desk lol 

Cinabench R20 results:

Multi: 8540

Single: 611

I'm using PBO with Auto OC in AMD Ryzen Master, on idle is between 30-40 degrees and while gaming around 60-70 degrees

Clock speeds with the above configs is around 4.4-4.5ghz when all core and 4.6-4.7ghz single core. I haven't touched anything in Ryzen master manually just left PBO with +200mhz in bios do it's thing.

Any help is appreciated since this is my first time using an AMD CPU

Edit: core voltage max hits 1.45 when reaching the max clock speeds mentioned and goes as low as 1.1 on normal load

This is my first ever build, I had a prebuilt before this one and this build took me around 12 hours to assemble lol, mainly because I used some parts of my old build.

TODOs:

Replace the stock case fans with the Corsair ones mentioned above, shipping

- Change cable sleeve on CPU to white ones, shipping

- 3080 TUF gaming to replace 2080 Ti

- Going to be using a V1 Tech RGB Backplate 

- Cover the PSU with a V1 Tech custom RGB plate with my gaming name on it (Pampz)

- Figure out a way to hide the cables or cover the hole next to the front intake fans (lower right in pic)

- Bigger PSU

Any suggestions are welcome !

Why replace the 2080ti? Its a beast of a gpu and the jump to a 3080 is minimal.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Why replace the 2080ti? Its a beast of a gpu and the jump to a 3080 is minimal.

For consistent 60fps + on higher settings in games, 2080ti just needs that lil extra tbh

16 minutes ago, PampaZiya said:

For consistent 60fps + on higher settings in games, 2080ti just needs that lil extra tbh

How are you not getting 60fps+ in every game. I hope you aren't falling for the ultra settings trap. The 3080 is only like 5-8% better and you lose 1gb of vram. 700$+ for 5% extra performance doesn't seem worth.

My bad edit here about 15% better still the 2080ti should not have any issue running any game at 60fps + high settings at all

29 minutes ago, jaslion said:

How are you not getting 60fps+ in every game. I hope you aren't falling for the ultra settings trap. The 3080 is only like 5-8% better and you lose 1gb of vram. 700$+ for 5% extra performance doesn't seem worth.

My bad edit here about 15% better still the 2080ti should not have any issue running any game at 60fps + high settings at all

It does though.. I can't keep consistent 60fps on Valhalla or far cry 5 or odyssey in medium even sometimes, on Cyberpunk 2077 actually I'm always above 60fps with combos of highs and shadows on low/meds goes between 60 and 90 surprisingly not so bad. But yeah I want that 15% more performance, also it has much better Ray tracing too and I can sell this 2080Ti and not be too impacted. Also am in Australia so 3080 is about 1300$ here :P (AUD), everything is ridiculously expensive here unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, PampaZiya said:

It does though.. I can't keep consistent 60fps on Valhalla or far cry 5 or odyssey in medium even sometimes, on Cyberpunk 2077 actually I'm always above 60fps with combos of highs and shadows on low/meds goes between 60 and 90 surprisingly not so bad. But yeah I want that 15% more performance, also it has much better Ray tracing too and I can sell this 2080Ti and not be too impacted. Also am in Australia so 3080 is about 1300$ here :P (AUD), everything is ridiculously expensive here unfortunately. 

Oooh but those games have issues on EVERY system. It's due to ubisoft drm hence why the pirated versions that remove it run so much better. Ray tracing is a gimmick for new anyways so not much lost there. The game that have it barely look different when you actually play them (after 15min to and hour the wow effect is gone and you barely if at all notice it).

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Oooh but those games have issues on EVERY system. It's due to ubisoft drm hence why the pirated versions that remove it run so much better. Ray tracing is a gimmick for new anyways so not much lost there. The game that have it barely look different when you actually play them (after 15min to and hour the wow effect is gone and you barely if at all notice it).

Yeah I know about the ray tracing but still nice to have. Also I bought both AC games on uplay, anyway i can make the performance there better?

Just now, PampaZiya said:

Yeah I know about the ray tracing but still nice to have. Also I bought both AC games on uplay, anyway i can make the performance there better?

No it's ubisoft and their crap drm. The games are basically locked to about 60fps due to it no matter the system.

Basically he wants the latest and greatest. No one should have to justify why they want it - after all we don't need these systems generally, we just want them. I went from an RTX2080 to an RTX2080Ti just to match up the RGB. Why "settle" for the 3080, go for the 3090, you only live once! ;)

Intel i9-13900K - Gigabyte Aorus Z790 Elite DDR4 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB DDR4 3200 C16 - Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 4090 24GB - Corsair 4000D Airflow - 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  - Corsair AX1600i 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W - Aorus FI27Q - Noctua NH-D15 running 3 fans (CPU) - 6 x NF-A12x25 (3 intake, 3 exhaust) - Aorus K1 - Aorus M5 - Aorus AMP500 - Aorus H5 - Corsair TC70 - Win 11 Pro

7 hours ago, A1200 said:

Basically he wants the latest and greatest. No one should have to justify why they want it - after all we don't need these systems generally, we just want them. I went from an RTX2080 to an RTX2080Ti just to match up the RGB. Why "settle" for the 3080, go for the 3090, you only live once! ;)

Haha thanks yea for me it's worth the upgrade and since I can do it, why not 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...

nice build and m-board.  with all that spare room you have there i am pretty sure a 3090RTX would look beautiful.  i mean you got the m-board and CPU.  all you need is the GPU when there available and affordable. 

nice to see you went with 32 GB of ram, its a no brainer right now with the price of memory and like anytime you upgrade as the years go by we need to increase hard drive space, RAM capacity and more speed, more power of everything.  but yeah good call on the memory, you got a Pro board its pretty much standard now to go with 32 GB of RAM. 

looks clean and slick. 

3 hours ago, Fraya said:

nice build and m-board.  with all that spare room you have there i am pretty sure a 3090RTX would look beautiful.  i mean you got the m-board and CPU.  all you need is the GPU when there available and affordable. 

nice to see you went with 32 GB of ram, its a no brainer right now with the price of memory and like anytime you upgrade as the years go by we need to increase hard drive space, RAM capacity and more speed, more power of everything.  but yeah good call on the memory, you got a Pro board its pretty much standard now to go with 32 GB of RAM. 

looks clean and slick. 

Thanks mate ^^ really happy with how it turned out, I'm just glad I didn't break anything since first time doing any of that. And yeah I'm looking for a 3080 or a used 3090 if anyone would sell but in Australia it's next to impossible right now.