New PC build

Budget (including currency): Around 1000$ 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming Pc for brother 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Hello, I'm planning on upgrading my brothers PC for him for a budget around 1000$ roughly could be a bit more or less...

Only thing that's getting transferred to the new setup are HDD, SSD, and my Gigabyte 1080 since I'm getting a 3080/3080TI/3090 soon and peripherals, 5 Corsair SP fans.

But Im just curios on seeing different ideas then what I have in mind and what would be a good setup something that'll last a while and doesn't need to be upgraded in the next couple of years...

If anyone has any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :) 

Cpu: Intel Core i7-10700K 

Ram: G.SKILL Trident Z  Royal RGB Series (4x8) 3200mhz

Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z490-P

GPU: PNY RTX 3090

PSU: 1000W

AIO: Corsair H150I

Fans: Corsair 12 LL 120mm

Storage: WD 1Tb HDD, WD 4TB HDD, WB Black M.2 500gb, Samsung 860Evo 250Gb

He may not like the look of the cooler. Everything else should serve him well here. 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

id say a 3950x with a b450 board unless you want 5000 series in which id recommend a 5600x and some 570x or 550 board. if you go for the 3950 you'll want a good cooelr Get 16b of 3200mhz ram and a decent $100+ 650w power supply. get a nice case that looks good to you. Sorry I didnt make a list but the guy above me did :)

OUTDATED JAN 2021 ===========> Check out my pc building guide! might be useful tho

It's great for planning new builds, getting a reference on where to start, or seeing what you need to play what games.

It also shows what I recommend for upgrading your stuff!

cpu - ryzen 5 3600

gpu - gtx 1070

ram - (2x8) 3200mhz

ssd - 970 evo plus 500gb

ssd2 - 860 qvo 1tb

mobo - asrock b450m hdv r4.0

psu - evga b5 550w bronze

5 minutes ago, Downkey said:

He may not like the look of the cooler. Everything else should serve him well here. 

Thank you for your input, Really liking the specs, and cooler is not an issue, was planning todo an AIO for him so system runs cooler and quieter, and by looking at the case you put a 240MM should fit just fine. Defiantly will keep this one in mind

Once again thank you

I would wait until prices come down quite a bit before building a new Rig.

6 minutes ago, whm1974 said:

I would wait until prices come down quite a bit before building a new Rig.

I agree some pricing are all over the place, but even tho its kinda late its for a Christmas gift, since where I live we in full lockdown everything is pretty much closed and can just do curb side pick up so it ruined all the plans... I just want to get him new PC also because hes running very old setup with like an Intel i3 4 core cpu, 8Gb of ram thats at like 1666Mhz DDR3, so the Pc struggles a lot for the games that are coming out and that he wants to play

Some things can be changed, like cheaper key for windows 10.

PSU, HDD (a cheap but slower 2TB for games at the price of 1TB?), lower ram could go higher MHz or CL, other motherboard if wanted, another screen or no screen. also the price on the CPU is not listed, I guess it was around 350-300 dollars?

1 minute ago, Quackers101 said:

PSU, HDD (a cheap but slower 2TB for games at the price of 1TB?), lower ram could go higher MHz or CL, other motherboard if wanted, another screen or no screen.

Very similar setup as someone who also replied so defiantly looking good as a potential build, and like stated about his taking the SSD's and HDD from old build so wont be needing any of those so that'll bring the price down a little. and has 2 monitors already. But defiantly spec wise looks like it'll be more then enough for him

44 minutes ago, DimaH98 said:

I agree some pricing are all over the place, but even tho its kinda late its for a Christmas gift, since where I live we in full lockdown everything is pretty much closed and can just do curb side pick up so it ruined all the plans... I just want to get him new PC also because hes running very old setup with like an Intel i3 4 core cpu, 8Gb of ram thats at like 1666Mhz DDR3, so the Pc struggles a lot for the games that are coming out and that he wants to play

I would still wait a few months. It will be worth it.

41 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

PSU, HDD (a cheap but slower 2TB for games at the price of 1TB?), lower ram could go higher MHz or CL, other motherboard if wanted, another screen or no screen. also the price on the CPU is not listed, I guess it was around 350-300 dollars?

400 over budget, bad case, he doesnt need an hdd or ssd, overpriced mobo, And he doesn't need a monitor 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570