Is the Adata SU650 good for upgrading from a hdd to a ssd?

CrEaToR VR

I m looking forward to upgrade by hard drive to a ssd and I was looking at teh Su650 120gb m.2 version
and will 120gb be ok for windows and some program as a 1 tb hdd will be running in parallel. 

yes for windows but you wont get much more on there. maybe save and get a larger drive

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

18 minutes ago, Acid Panda said:

yes for windows but you wont get much more on there. maybe save and get a larger drive

So wont it fit no more than windows, as windows is 40gb and would be better than hdd and will 70 TBW will be enough

I would save up Windows may only be ~40 GB for you now but consider updates etc. It is likely as well you will have NVIDIA/AMD drivers on that drive. An extra few pounds/dollars could net you significantly more storage in the long run. 

That's a SATA interface drive. It will always run at SATA III speeds (600 MB/s) despite being plugged in to m.2. You would just be better off buying a 2.5" 250GB SSD instead of paying extra for the M.2 variant, you would get the same speeds and twice the storage. 

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

That's a SATA interface drive. It will always run at SATA III speeds (600 MB/s) despite being plugged in to m.2. You would just be better off buying a 2.5" 250GB SSD instead of paying extra for the M.2 variant, you would get the same speeds and twice the storage. 

I've to install it in a laptop so the 2.5" sata slot is occupied by the hard drive 

4 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

would it be fine to install in a cd/dvd sata. if it is I would need a casing for installing the ssd, so that would be the same price of the m.2 

3 minutes ago, CrEaToR VR said:

I've to install it in a laptop so the 2.5" sata slot is occupied by the hard drive 

1 minute ago, CrEaToR VR said:

would it be fine to install in a cd/dvd sata. if it is I would need a casing for installing the ssd, so that would be the same price of the m.2 

Where are you located? In the US, the price of a 120GB M.2 SSD starts at $23ish, while a 240GB can be had for $30, which is a very small difference. 240GB 2.5" SSDs cost even less, $25 or $26 to start.

I would just wait a few days until you have literally $7 more for twice the storage space lol

2 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Where are you located? In the US, the price of a 120GB M.2 SSD starts at $23ish, while a 240GB can be had for $30, which is a very small difference. 240GB 2.5" SSDs cost even less, $25 or $26 to start.

I would just wait a few days until you have literally $7 more for twice the storage space lol

the 120gb one is of $24 and the 240gb is of $45.

I would just wait for offers or something 

the 120gb one is of $24 and the 240gb is of $45.

I would just wait for offers or something 

Where do you live that the prices are so weird. $45 should get you a 500GB

5 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Where do you live that the prices are so weird. $45 should get you a 500GB

India, every computer part is expensive here. and a correction it is $41, and I will buy the 240gig m.2 as the 2.5" would be the same price if I equate in the price of the drive caddy and the 2.5"

India, every computer part is expensive here. and a correction it is $41, and I will buy the 240gig m.2 as the 2.5" would be the same price if I equate in the price of the drive caddy and the 2.5"

Hmm, I don't know if that's true. Here's a WD Green 240 M.2 on the indian Amazon for for 2500 INR, which is $34 usd.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B078WYS5K6?tag=pcp03-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Hmm, I don't know if that's true. Here's a WD Green 240 M.2 on the indian Amazon for for 2500 INR, which is $34 usd.

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B078WYS5K6?tag=pcp03-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

yea, Ik that it is cheap but I've read some negative reviews on it (related to reliability) if that is correct idk 

45 minutes ago, CrEaToR VR said:

yea, Ik that it is cheap but I've read some negative reviews on it (related to reliability) if that is correct idk 

WD is the most reliable storage company there is.

Idk man pay twice the price for the Adata if you want, I'm not gonna tell you what to do.