EK Classic Kit P240 + NZXT H510 Compatible?

Rux

It will work but why this when it's only for a cpu? Also if you don't already have the h510 then don't get it it has terrible airflow and putting a rad in the front will cause a very high temp spike for the gpu in games and will lead to overall worse performance. If you don't already have the case then get something with a mesh front.

55 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It will work but why this when it's only for a cpu? Also if you don't already have the h510 then don't get it it has terrible airflow and putting a rad in the front will cause a very high temp spike for the gpu in games and will lead to overall worse performance. If you don't already have the case then get something with a mesh front.

Thanks for the answer! What I’ve been mostly confused about is where you’d mount the pump/reservoir combo unit. 

And yeah the case is just what I already had so I am considering to upgrade the cooler and later down the line also swap out the case for something with better air flow! I definitely notice it getting really warm and I think part of it might also be the old AIO I have. 

Do you have any good recommendations for perhaps? I did like the new fractal ones but also lian li had a clean look similar to the h510 which I really like. 

15 minutes ago, Rux said:

Thanks for the answer! What I’ve been mostly confused about is where you’d mount the pump/reservoir combo unit. 

And yeah the case is just what I already had so I am considering to upgrade the cooler and later down the line also swap out the case for something with better air flow! I definitely notice it getting really warm and I think part of it might also be the old AIO I have. 

Do you have any good recommendations for perhaps? I did like the new fractal ones but also lian li had a clean look similar to the h510 which I really like. 

Depends on your budget. Also why this custom loop? An aio will be plenty or even better just get an air cooler. What do you have now and how old is it?

A cooler won't make your case warmer than it would normally be with a different cooler really what matters is placement for that. Hence why a 240mm front rad is pretty terrible in the nzxt specifically due to poor airflow. Changing the aio out for a different one won't change the heatoutput the system has so whilst the temps for the cpu will probably lower a bit the temps for everything else will be the same.

Also there isn't really any space in a h510 for a reservoir that doesn't make airflow even more terrible so I would just not get this thing.

27 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Depends on your budget. Also why this custom loop? An aio will be plenty or even better just get an air cooler. What do you have now and how old is it?

A cooler won't make your case warmer than it would normally be with a different cooler really what matters is placement for that. Hence why a 240mm front rad is pretty terrible in the nzxt specifically due to poor airflow. Changing the aio out for a different one won't change the heatoutput the system has so whilst the temps for the cpu will probably lower a bit the temps for everything else will be the same.

Also there isn't really any space in a h510 for a reservoir that doesn't make airflow even more terrible so I would just not get this thing.

You’re totally right, right now I’m really not that happy with the temps and also noise level my system is running at either. What I’m currently using is a first gen Kraken with the nzxt fans. 

Mostly the reason I wanted to get this kit was that I’m upgrading from my i7 7700k to the 5800X and was worried that it’s going to be too hot overall. 

8 minutes ago, Rux said:

You’re totally right, right now I’m really not that happy with the temps and also noise level my system is running at either. What I’m currently using is a first gen Kraken with the nzxt fans. 

Mostly the reason I wanted to get this kit was that I’m upgrading from my i7 7700k to the 5800X and was worried that it’s going to be too hot overall. 

Well funny thing but the heat output of those two is basically identical. So you can easily get by and have a pretty silent system with just a hyper 212. If you really want silence a new case will be in order and look at something like a sycthe ninja 5/fuma 2 or dark rock (pro) 4. Can't get much quieter than an air cooler and all of those easily beat any 240mm config. If you wanna go watercooling the arctic liquid freezer II is tough to beat as it's one of the best for a very small price. Of course get the 240mm one as 120mm rads are just not worth it at all.

With custom watercooling you basically go all out and for just cooling a cpu such a kit is not worth it and won't necessarily be better than a decent same size aio or air cooler.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Well funny thing but the heat output of those two is basically identical. So you can easily get by and have a pretty silent system with just a hyper 212. If you really want silence a new case will be in order and look at something like a sycthe ninja 5/fuma 2 or dark rock (pro) 4. Can't get much quieter than an air cooler and all of those easily beat any 240mm config. If you wanna go watercooling the arctic liquid freezer II is tough to beat as it's one of the best for a very small price. Of course get the 240mm one as 120mm rads are just not worth it at all.

With custom watercooling you basically go all out and for just cooling a cpu such a kit is not worth it and won't necessarily be better than a decent same size aio or air cooler.

That's perfect, both air and aio suggestions sounds good and also for the cost way more effective. I'll be probably choosing one of them, while searching for a different case! I'm glad that I only went for the regular H510 and not the Elite or i version which costs much more. Thank you! 

1 minute ago, Rux said:

That's perfect, both air and aio suggestions sounds good and also for the cost way more effective. I'll be probably choosing one of them, while searching for a different case! I'm glad that I only went for the regular H510 and not the Elite or i version which costs much more. Thank you! 

Bonus about the h510 is it's super easy to sell as people like the look. If you want a nice ariflow case on a budget with lots of watercooling room a matrex 55 mesh front works great. The lia li 205 is also a good choice. Going higher in price the cm h500 mesh is nice or the meshify c (not that great as the others). If you need fans in any of these systems look at the artic p12 series noctua silence and performance but you can buy 5 for the price of one noctua and they are not brown :p.

5 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Bonus about the h510 is it's super easy to sell as people like the look. If you want a nice ariflow case on a budget with lots of watercooling room a matrex 55 mesh front works great. The lia li 205 is also a good choice. Going higher in price the cm h500 mesh is nice or the meshify c (not that great as the others). If you need fans in any of these systems look at the artic p12 series noctua silence and performance but you can buy 5 for the price of one noctua and they are not brown :p.

I really love the look of the lian li 205, I didn't know about that one before, thanks! And that's a great thing to know, I still have the box and all of it so I am glad people are interested in buying this type of case so the upgrade to a new one won't be such a big cost :D 

3 minutes ago, Rux said:

I really love the look of the lian li 205, I didn't know about that one before, thanks! And that's a great thing to know, I still have the box and all of it so I am glad people are interested in buying this type of case so the upgrade to a new one won't be such a big cost :D 

People love form over function till it burns them :p. Sorry I made a mistake it was the lian li 215 the 205 is a h510 but worse. That is my bad. If the fron of the case is closed of and not mesh it's pretty obvious airflow will be bad. Some cases use a different way of having a big opening in a sidepanel to have airflow (lian li o11 dynamic) or use a top to bottom airflow scheme.

Just now, jaslion said:

People love form over function till it burns them :p. Sorry I made a mistake it was the lian li 215 the 205 is a h510 but worse. That is my bad.

Ahh no worries! With the names it can get confusing, they are quite similar :D The 215 also looks great, I love how it's included with massive fans on the front!

1 minute ago, Rux said:

Ahh no worries! With the names it can get confusing, they are quite similar :D The 215 also looks great, I love how it's included with massive fans on the front!

The fans are a bit restricted as this is a retrofitted chassis (the 200mm fans are partially blocked by metal but still do their job well) hence why the h500 mesh is the better of the 2.