Thoughts on PC Build for CAD and Rendering work

CoeGunnell

Hey, 

I'm building a computer for rendering and 3D work (and a little bit of gaming but dont tell the boss).

The budget is £3000.

I have put a 3080ti in there becuase the build is happening in April and it should be out by then. 

Thank you!

image.png.bdcdee7f36ad0e1951e02354822f6f40.png

The case is a problem, it has a painted chassis which can cause grounding issues.

49 minutes ago, CoeGunnell said:

Hey, 

I'm building a computer for rendering and 3D work (and a little bit of gaming but dont tell the boss).

The budget is £3000.

I have put a 3080ti in there becuase the build is happening in April and it should be out by then. 

Thank you!

image.png.bdcdee7f36ad0e1951e02354822f6f40.png

The case has poor airflow and I do not recommend you use it because of that look into a airflow optimized chassis. Fractal makes some too called the meshify series but all but the meshify c are greatly overpriced for what they do.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The case has poor airflow and I do not recommend you use it because of that look into a airflow optimized chassis. Fractal makes some too called the meshify series but all but the are greatly overpriced for what they do.

Thank you for this, i think i'll look into the meshify, I like the look of it!

Ya, I just looked and VSK4000E-U3 won't handle the video card length.

But, the goal is to find a case without a painted chassis, which is the problem I am having!

I have a 17y old case that is made buy Antec and is the best case they ever made, but they stopped making it.

Sonata_opencase.jpg

Just now, GroundRod said:

Ya, I just looked and VSK4000E-U3 won't handle the video card length.

But, the goal is to find a case without a painted chassis, which is the problem I am having!

I have a 17y old case that is made buy Antec and is the best case they ever made, but they stopped making it.

Sonata_opencase.jpg

You are entirely wrong in this. Cases will still ground themselves with the psu paint doesn't stop that. So there is something totally different going on. The only times paint can be an issue is when it's really thick and isolating which no case has unless done aftermarket. So don't spread misinformation and recommend pretty crap cases.

Well my case exists and it has no paint, why is that?

This is the kind of case I am looking for, any ideas?

Mac Pro.jpg