Laptop goes to sleep even while running something

So I had this issue for sometime in my HP laptop where it would automatically go to sleep when I even have sleep and screen timeout both disabled from the power settings. I know in this laptop the battery has gone bad. however this issue happens even when I have it plugged into the power. So im wondering whats going on. I have used laptops before with faulty batteries but none of them ever cut off and put itself to sleep even when running some application. Is this the faulty battery that is somehow causing this issue even when the laptop to be plugged in or could it be something else?   

49 minutes ago, Shammikit said:

So I had this issue for sometime in my HP laptop where it would automatically go to sleep when I even have sleep and screen timeout both disabled from the power settings. I know in this laptop the battery has gone bad. however this issue happens even when I have it plugged into the power. So im wondering whats going on. I have used laptops before with faulty batteries but none of them ever cut off and put itself to sleep even when running some application. Is this the faulty battery that is somehow causing this issue even when the laptop to be plugged in or could it be something else?   

Is it SLEEPING or shutting off? Chord could be bad too. With a dead battery, you're relying 100% on the plug so if its bad expect issues.  Bumping it, slightly unplugging, etc.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

5 hours ago, OnionRings said:

Is it SLEEPING or shutting off? Chord could be bad too. With a dead battery, you're relying 100% on the plug so if its bad expect issues.  Bumping it, slightly unplugging, etc.

no its not shutting off. Its going to sleep mode. press a button again and im back in the lock screen.

14 hours ago, Shammikit said:

no its not shutting off. Its going to sleep mode. press a button again and im back in the lock screen.

Honestly I'm not sure what to try other than maybe reinstalling windows, but that may not help, could be hardware related.

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

2 hours ago, OnionRings said:

Honestly I'm not sure what to try other than maybe reinstalling windows, but that may not help, could be hardware related.

hmmmm. I guess the only way to tell is to remove the battery completely and see if the issue still exists, so that I know its not a hardware related problem caused by the battery atleast. Thanks for coming to help :)