Is CD Projekt Red finished?

Jackgamer91

CDPR Finished?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Are they done?

• Yes, they are finished
    • No, they can come back

1 hour ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Are you agreeing or making some other point that I'm missing?

Agreeing. 

This thread is moot because CD Project red is obviously not finished. 

2 hours ago, fpo said:

Agreeing. 

This thread is moot because CD Project red is obviously not finished. 

Agreed.

This will all be forgotten in 12 months. 

On 1/7/2021 at 5:18 PM, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Agreed.

This will all be forgotten in 12 months. 

Disagree, everyone still remembers how shit Rocksteady's initial PC port of Arkham Knight was, and that was five years ago. People forgave them because they came correct and released a decent port finally, but people who were PC gamers five years ago probably won't forget it.

16 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Disagree, everyone still remembers how shit Rocksteady's initial PC port of Arkham Knight was, and that was five years ago. People forgave them because they came correct and released a decent port finally, but people who were PC gamers five years ago probably won't forget it.

When I say forgotten, I think it's obvious I'm not talking about some kind of collective amnesia, where the entire gaming industry and customers suddenly forget everything. 

I mean that, ultimately, it won't affect gamers choices going forward.

Do you see what I mean?

People will moan and complain (quite rightly) about Cyberpunk and CDPR, but it won't stop them buying DLC, and once the bugs and glitches are ironed out, and the game is in the state it should have been at release, they will carry on as normal. 

It won't affect any future projects that CDPR release, and it won't end up making a huge difference to how Cyberpunk is remembered.

Yes, of course, the shambolic launch will be mentioned - but if they turn it around then it'll be remembered as a masterpiece with a bad launch rather than the opposite, which is that of a terrible product that eventually came good.

At least, that's how I see it.

3 hours ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

When I say forgotten, I think it's obvious I'm not talking about some kind of collective amnesia, where the entire gaming industry and customers suddenly forget everything. 

I mean that, ultimately, it won't affect gamers choices going forward.

Do you see what I mean?

People will moan and complain (quite rightly) about Cyberpunk and CDPR, but it won't stop them buying DLC, and once the bugs and glitches are ironed out, and the game is in the state it should have been at release, they will carry on as normal. 

It won't affect any future projects that CDPR release, and it won't end up making a huge difference to how Cyberpunk is remembered.

Yes, of course, the shambolic launch will be mentioned - but if they turn it around then it'll be remembered as a masterpiece with a bad launch rather than the opposite, which is that of a terrible product that eventually came good.

At least, that's how I see it.

I meant more along the lines of they'll never be trusted amongst gamers again. People really elevated them above the fray for years as some model studio, the one they wanted every other studio to be like. I expect that's never coming back. People will buy their games, but CDPR will never get back that reputation they pissed away.

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I meant more along the lines of they'll never be trusted amongst gamers again. People really elevated them above the fray for years as some model studio, the one they wanted every other studio to be like. I expect that's never coming back. People will buy their games, but CDPR will never get back that reputation they pissed away.

I mean, it's possible.

I still stick to my assertion that in 12 months nobody will care and all will be forgiven/forgotten.